Thanksgiving Vacation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only Thr-Sun. So the standard four day Thanksgiving holiday.

But because of situational telework, training, all day offsite meetings, a random use/lose vacation day, and holidays,  I will only have physically been in the office one day during the period Nov 7-25. I certainly wouldn't call all of that Thanksgiving break.

This is the first company that has given me Friday after thanksgiving off, legitimately. It's always been "the office is closed but you can still work or take your own time off for it" or "here's a floating holiday you can use" 

and with my new flex schedule of 4-10 hour days, I'm swapping my typical friday off for monday after thanksgiving off, so i'll have a 5 day weekend. And prob head out early Wednesday.

I'm hoping to head out early on Wednesday, too. But I just had a meeting schedules for Wednesday. Luckily, it's in the morning, but still! Come on, people.

Some may call it a holiday, but I need to eat a late lunch with some family members on Thursday and then be at the mall all day on Friday.

I'd rather be at work.

I'll be working probably a bit on Wednesday, then taking the rest of the day and Thursday/Friday off.

We get Thursday and Friday off and I'm hoping to head out a little early tomorrow. My boss and his boss are both going to be off, as well as a lot of other folks, so I'm thinking that after 12 it's going to get really quiet. 

And @kevo_55 you've got to give up the mall man! 

Using Friday as a floater and taking tomorrow off.  I am not driving to DC at rush hour the night before Thanksgiving.

I've been off for 10 months!

But, for serious, I'm ditching early on Wednesday and then taking ALL NEXT WEEK off.  I'll be interviewing in Houston and also be on the professional review panel for LSU ME senior design project presentations.  That should be fun.  

were going to ski Thursday and then we are actually thinking about doing some late night shopping just to see how chaotic it really is. I haven't gone out on black Friday (Thursday) in 7 years? - I needed a TV and just did a surgical strike at brand Smart for the largest one I could carry myself - was in and out in 15 minutes..

Back