Anyone go to Greenbuild this year.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggercsc

I was once fast and scrappy, then lost my s's
EB Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just asking of anyone went to Greenbuild this year.  I had not been since 2011 and am not one that likes to drink the USGBC Kool-Aid (Did you know that Grape Flavor-Aid was actually used in the Jonestown, not Kool-Aid), but I did enjoy some of the education sessions this year. 

Anyone else attend and have any comments?

I actually attended a Greenbuild adjacent event. I was awarded a 40 Under 40 award in Building, Design and Construction. I flew into Chicago for the awards ceremony and then I was on the first flight out at 5 AM the next day. :(  I had too many client meetings and obligations back home so I couldn't stay. Did you attend? From the pictures on linkedin, it looked pretty interesting!

I actually attended a Greenbuild adjacent event. I was awarded a 40 Under 40 award in Building, Design and Construction. I flew into Chicago for the awards ceremony and then I was on the first flight out at 5 AM the next day. :(  I had too many client meetings and obligations back home so I couldn't stay. Did you attend? From the pictures on linkedin, it looked pretty interesting!
I really liked the opening and closing plenaries and thought some of the education sessions were great.  The sessions on the floor taught by manufacturer's were worthless, but most of the classroom style sessions kept were beneficial.  It is in Atlanta next year, which is a only a 4 to 5 hour drive for me (without traffic), but I am caught up on my LEED CEU's so I am not sure I will go.  Greenbuild is a worthwhile event if you ever get a chance to attend and congratulations on your award.

I really liked the opening and closing plenaries and thought some of the education sessions were great.  The sessions on the floor taught by manufacturer's were worthless, but most of the classroom style sessions kept were beneficial.  It is in Atlanta next year, which is a only a 4 to 5 hour drive for me (without traffic), but I am caught up on my LEED CEU's so I am not sure I will go.  Greenbuild is a worthwhile event if you ever get a chance to attend and congratulations on your award.
Thank you!

Back