NYS transfer from CT is taking forever

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x5xdrive

Reaction score
Hi All,

I passed my PE (CT) last year and I applied for a transfer (so I can also get a NYS pin) in August of this year. I called them before September (2018) started they said my paperwork has been approved for the board to review and it would be 12 -16 weeks from that point. I called again today and they are still saying 12-16 weeks since they have a backlog. 

Does anybody have any new or experience with this? Are they really that backlogged? Thanks in advance. 

Idk New York is very slow for everything. It took them over 8 weeks after passing the PE for them to issue licenses. I've recently  applied to form a PLLC  (Professional Service Limited Liability Company) and they said the same, 12-16 weeks for approval because they have a backlog

Idk New York is very slow for everything. It took them over 8 weeks after passing the PE for them to issue licenses. I've recently  applied to form a PLLC  (Professional Service Limited Liability Company) and they said the same, 12-16 weeks for approval because they have a backlog
When did you call?

Also, I am also planning to apply for a PLLC (but I'm going to do it in Transportation so it might not need to be a PLLC); dont you need a NYS PIN# to do so?

My law office is handling the filing. They called about 2 weeks ago after sending the paperwork in and that what they were told as a timeframe.

This is unbelievable (maybe not so much). I've been waiting for more than 16 weeks now. Does anyone have a recommendation on a lawyer in the NYC area who can expedite this?

Back