October Test Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out I passed both seismic and survey!!! 

Failed both last quarter, so I was really bummed but I didn't give up. Don't give up if you fail!

I self studied everything.

All I used to pass Seismic was the Hiner and all I used to pass Survey was Reza. I didn't use Reza the first time which made me fail because I didn't realize survey changed their topics.

I'm sure EET is good too but I didn't use it at all.

Congratulations to all that passed! I failed both 😰 and just mailed my re-exam form.  What material did you guys that passed used? Thanks in advanced 

Congrats!!! Kindly what materials, courses, references did you use to study for seismic?
I used Hiner's workbook and videos. PM and I can get you more info. 

Congratulations to all that passed! I failed both 😰 and just mailed my re-exam form.  What material did you guys that passed used? Thanks in advanced 
I used Hiner's workbook and videos. PM and I can get you more info. You too. 

Congrats!!! Kindly what materials, courses, references did you use to study for seismic?
Thank you!! I used Hiner's book and EET's textbook + CBT exams. I also had access to EET's lectures but personally I don't learn much from listening to lectures.

Thank you! See above for seismic. For surveying I used Reza Mahallati's and EET's textbooks + EET CBT exams. The online tests definitely helped a lot in both disciplines.

Thank you!! I used Hiner's book and EET's textbook + CBT exams. I also had access to EET's lectures but personally I don't learn much from listening to lectures.

Thank you! See above for seismic. For surveying I used Reza Mahallati's and EET's textbooks + EET CBT exams. The online tests definitely helped a lot in both disciplines.
I didn't know that EET has a textbook for surveying!

I didn't know that EET has a textbook for surveying!
It came with the entire "webinar" purchase, but I haven't watched the lectures which is why I only mentioned the textbook. If you email them you could ask if they sell books separately at all. For CBT exams they do- and I would highly recommend taking those close to your actual test.

Edit: I'm not sure if the EET book would be worth it to be honest. I thought it was overkill, but it did help me get a deeper understanding of some concepts that Reza's book only glanced over. If I had to do it again I probably would only get Reza's book and EET's CBTs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It came with the entire "webinar" purchase, but I haven't watched the lectures which is why I only mentioned the textbook. If you email them you could ask if they sell books separately at all. For CBT exams they do- and I would highly recommend taking those close to your actual test.

Edit: I'm not sure if the EET book would be worth it to be honest. I thought it was overkill, but it did help me get a deeper understanding of some concepts that Reza's book only glanced over. If I had to do it again I probably would only get Reza's book and EET's CBTs.
For seismic, you did EET + Hiner CBT practice exam Or only EET's CBT practice exam? 

Finally passed seismic on my 2nd attempt.  Its all over now, what a relief. I will celebrate by not worrying about it.

I think getting all my references in one binder, helped tremendously.  Also, used the little green ATC postearthquake book and was able to answer what seemed to be a very obscure question with it, maybe that was the one point I needed to pass, who knows!

For seismic, you did EET + Hiner CBT practice exam Or only EET's CBT practice exam? 
I used that combination and it was definitely helpful, a lot of problems overlaps between the two sources but they’re worded differently n that’s very helpful for the exam , it’s doable with EET by itself but I wanted to get done with it in my first try.

I technically did both. I took the EET class for the Q2 exam, and failed- but this was completely my fault. I know so many people who took EET and passed right away for seismic. I certainly didn't study enough. For the Q4 exam prep, I wanted to mix it up a little bit and bought the Hiner book. In my case this worked perfectly because the best thing about Hiner's book is that it is concise and drills in the concepts very well. If anything needed more explanation, I would then go to the EET textbook and sure enough it clarified everything. As I've mentioned above, I didn't watch any lectures for these tests and I'm sure plenty of people benefited from them- for my learning style I didn't need it. For taking EET CBT's definitely make sure you follow Dr. Ibrahim's strategies (start from #3 close to the exam etc.). I would also highly recommend going over all the questions you got wrong either in chapter tests or practice exams close to your test date, and make sure that you're able to solve them without taking cue from Solutions. Solve them 5 times if that's what it takes.

TL;DR: I did the Hiner textbook practice exam (on paper, there is only one), and EET CBT's (3 of them).

Back