2018 NCEES Practice Exam (Transportation)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulua808

Reaction score
Is the 2018 NCEES practice exam booklet (transportation) similar to the 2014 booklet? Looking  at past practice exams, some of the same problems are listed. Is it worth purchasing?

Is the 2018 NCEES practice exam booklet (transportation) similar to the 2014 booklet? Looking  at past practice exams, some of the same problems are listed. Is it worth purchasing?
I think you can preview it on NCEES site 

First 4 questions and solutions are in the preview so i would compare those to the 2014

The site has four am and four pm problems, and some were similar to past practice exams. I have the following practice exams: 2000 (all exams), 2008, 2011, 2014 (since I work with a lot of licensed engineers). I'm just wondering if most of the problems in the 2018 practice exam are new or different types of problems from the past, and thus worthwhile purchasing.

The site has four am and four pm problems, and some were similar to past practice exams. I have the following practice exams: 2000 (all exams), 2008, 2011, 2014 (since I work with a lot of licensed engineers). I'm just wondering if most of the problems in the 2018 practice exam are new or different types of problems from the past, and thus worthwhile purchasing.
"The morning questions are the same for all PE Civil disciplines; that is, regardless of the PM book you choose, the AM questions will be the same in all books.   ©2014 " from  NCEES but it does say 2018 standard so somethings must have changed. Have you look at the new standard?

I'm Water resources sorry I can't be much help

Only 4-5 problems in the PM portions that were different using new HCM 6th edition. The answers for both version of NCEES  are almost similar. It's not worth it.

Thanks! I think it might still be worth it if they had a couple HCM 6th edition problems with more of the new adjustments that have to be made (e.g., weather); didn't see it in the first sample problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back