RESULTS!!! - Page 6 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
ME_VT_PE

RESULTS!!!

On 11/3/2018 at 12:53 PM, knight1fox3 said:

No, for this exam cycle, results will be distributed via Zoltar...

giphy.gif

I would probably fare better with Zoltar than I would with NCEES!

Edited by daydreambeliever
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2018 at 11:53 AM, knight1fox3 said:

No, for this exam cycle, results will be distributed via Zoltar...

giphy.gif

Shall I sacrifice a junior engineer at work in the name of expeditious release of results?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, In/PE/Out said:

Shall I sacrifice a junior engineer at work in the name of expeditious release of results?

That's not a worthy enough sacrifice. Better go with a mid-career engineer. /s

34 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

That's not a worthy enough sacrifice. Better go with a mid-career engineer. /s

Just do not try a Manager or PM.  You'd need like 6 Managers or 4 PMs to get an equivalent exchange there.  

Edited by Szar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2018 at 5:02 PM, Invisible said:

December 7th is when we gonna get the results

Dec. 6th was actually my prediction but the 7th sounds good too...

6 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Last year it took 38 days. And the year before, 35 days. April 2018 - 41 days. Looking at this, results might come on Dec 3 or 4. But my intuition says its coming on 7th. And in April 2018, the cut score for 51 (from someone who failed in Texas in April. He received percentage from Texas and diagnostics from NCEES). This year I am expecting cut score to be 52.

I think it's pretty safe to say it'll happen the week of 12/03/18... maybe we should start a separate thread so everyone can place their bets on which day it'll be 😂

Hmm, I can't find the post by @Invisible that @SacMe24 is quoting...

Welcome to Sub Phase B: I can promise you the results won't come before Nov 30. FWIW, they've never initial released on a Wednesday; but that could just be a coincidence.

Welcome to Sub Phase A: the cut varies for every exam and administration so you can't really look at past results for anything but a normal range. Also, that 51 was the ONLY number someone reported from EE-Power last time. Not nearly enough data from that to confidently guess the last EE-Power cut score. We usually get a bunch of people reporting and can figure out the cut score based on a sharp cliff; that didn't happen last time for EE-power.

• Haha 1

I’m going for 7th of December, too. 

Still searching for a suitable sacrifice for Zoltar...

1 hour ago, In/PE/Out said:

I hear he has a thing for aerospace engineers. Got any extras laying around?

Any bets on when the Oct 2018 exam results thread will be created?

46 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I hear he has a thing for aerospace engineers. Got any extras laying around?

Don’t think so, but there’s this one guy whose close to— and by that I mean wayyyyy past— retirement.  I think he’ll do

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Any bets on when the Oct 2018 exam results thread will be created?

The trolling won't start in earnest until after Thanksgiving

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 1:08 PM, knight1fox3 said:

Based on the statistical analyses performed from past exam administrations, receiving a survey from NCEES so soon after sitting for the exam generally indicates a failing result. :(

Lies!!!

^ once again, just reporting the trends that other users reported. Nothing less, nothing more. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

^ once again, just reporting the trends that other users reported. Nothing less, nothing more. :dunno:

lol not like NCEES sent out a tweet or anything saying that all examinees would be receiving a survey following the exam..

4 hours ago, GeoDude said:

lol not like NCEES sent out a tweet or anything saying that all examinees would be receiving a survey following the exam..

So more data points for the model?

• Thanks 1

Is there a history that NCEES invalidated an exam because the machine can't scan a particular answer sheet because of erasures?

4 hours ago, Fil_Engr said:

Is there a history that NCEES invalidated an exam because the machine can't scan a particular answer sheet because of erasures?

We haven't heard anything anecdotal and I highly doubt they'd invalidate a test because of too many erasure marks.  A routine 'wrong answer' score for a question is more likely if it looks like two+ answers were filled in.

We know they do manual scoring on a small fraction of tests as part of their QA process. If they somehow caught a really erasured-up score sheet, one would think, that a manual scoring would determine the final score.

Are you worried that it could effect your score?

19 hours ago, In/PE/Out said:

I’m going for 7th of December, too. 

you can have my coworker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

We haven't heard anything anecdotal and I highly doubt they'd invalidate a test because of too many erasure marks.  A routine 'wrong answer' score for a question is more likely if it looks like two+ answers were filled in.

We know they do manual scoring on a small fraction of tests as part of their QA process. If they somehow caught a really erasured-up score sheet, one would think, that a manual scoring would determine the final score.

Are you worried that it could effect your score?

Partially yes. I think i have 5-7 erasures all in all. But I erased it neatly.

Reason I ask is because here in our country, there is also a paper and pencil exam for engineering graduates for them to practice engineering professionally. The exam can be invalidated in case you have a messy answer sheet and the machine cant read it.

1 hour ago, Fil_Engr said:

Partially yes. I think i have 5-7 erasures all in all. But I erased it neatly.

I don't think you have to worry about erasures.

Oh man. Fear can make us think anything. Don't worry dude. You should be fine with the erasures. I would say atleat 95% of the people would have atleast 5 erasures in their paper. And well you are fine. I remember a guy saying that he was scared because his answer sheet tore by one tenth of an inch on one side. He was worried his paper would be invalidated. I would say don't worry about your entire paperbeing invalidated. If the machine says it can read your paper, there probably would be a manual check on the same (just my personal guess). It is a huge test and someone wouldn't invalidate your test because of these reasons. All you have to worry is that if you have checked the right answer :P