FE Mechanical or General

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGJ

Reaction score
Hi I Failed 2 times Mechanical FE , I am thinking the general for the next try , could be easier any advise ??

I suggest sticking with the mechanical exam. If you ever pursue PE licensure (assuming you will), you can't get out of taking the mechanical PE exam. Just work on improving your mechanical skills and keep grinding at it. You'll be glad you did when you pass the FE mechanical. Just my $.02.

Did you take a review course prior to taking the exam? That helped for me.

Take the General FE, its less difficult. I also failed the Mechanical FE twice, then passed the General FE.  I also passed the Mechanical PE so that shouldn't be an issue.

I took the electrical twice when it was pencil and paper format. 

I failed twice. 

Then it got changed to CBT and I took the "Other Disciplines" and I felt it was heavy on mechanical and I failed again. 

Then I got serious, took the Prepineer online pay as you go course in the other disciplines module and I remember the exam was very heavy on econ and some math. 

I was very relieved when I PASSED!! but I would suggest everybody to take that course and other disciplines hands down. 

Back