Oct 18 PE Exam - Page 4 - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
travishans08

Oct 18 PE Exam

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ME_VT_PE said:

With that said, if you got 20/80, you failed and they can toss your exam into that pile for sure.

What about 50/80? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phenomenon083 said:

What about 50/80? 

FAIL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Invisible said:

what about 55/80?

Hopefully that is a pass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard it used to take 6 months to get results way back when. Thank goodness that isn't the case these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ME_VT_PE said:

Everyone gets the survey eventually. Those who failed tend to receive it first.

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 years later they will publish the result within a week since it will be CBT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, daydreambeliever said:

All 4 of us who took the exam on Friday received surveys. Pretty sure at least one or two of us passed. 

I think you're daydreaming

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

All 4 of us who took the exam on Friday received surveys. Pretty sure at least one or two of us passed. 

You may just need to find friends who are better at passing tests.  :dunno:  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the survey as well, it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. It's literally just a survey about your location and if their instructions are easy to follow

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Engineer7 said:

I got the survey as well, it doesn't seem like a big deal at all. It's literally just a survey about your location and if their instructions are easy to follow

Don't underestimate the timing of the survey. NCEES works in mysterious ways, and they're always on EB lurking...You've been warned...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Szar said:

You may just need to find friends who are better at passing tests.  :dunno:

:laugh: I'm good thanks though! 

 

I received the NCEES survey the next business day after I took the FE. I passed FE obviously! Everyone who took the exam gets the survey at the same time.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the survey too. I'm pretty sure they just sent out a mass email to everyone that took it. Even a coworker that took the mechanical with me got it too.

Stop trying to scare everyone even if it is just a joke. We're all still pretty rattled from last Friday. 😯

Edited by Drewism
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ No one is trying to rattle anyone. Just merely conveying the over-arching message based on data collected from this forum. :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

^ No one is trying to rattle anyone. Just merely conveying the over-arching message based on data collected from this forum. :dunno:

I actually started crying so thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Drewism said:

I actually started crying so thanks for that.

Come on man. Relax. Just an exam. Not ur whole Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Invisible said:

Come on man. Relax. Just an exam. Not ur whole Life

I get bad anxiety. I would like to get this out of the way so I don't have to do this again. I want to do other things. Not study over and over again like I'm in prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ LOL. You picked the wrong profession if you want to be "done studying". Engineers are always studying. Especially those with PE's (among other certs) which require professional development credits to maintain corresponding certifications. Also, think about the grand scheme of things throughout the progression of your engineering career. Undergraduate school, FE exam, PE exam, and for some graduate school in there too. There will always be the "next big thing" as an engineer in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

^ LOL. You picked the wrong profession if you want to be "done studying". Engineers are always studying. Especially those with PE's (among other certs) which require professional development credits to maintain corresponding certifications. Also, think about the grand scheme of things throughout the progression of your engineering career. Undergraduate school, FE exam, PE exam, and for some graduate school in there too. There will always be the "next big thing" as an engineer in my opinion.

This. And if you're in a state that licenses by discipline, you get to take multiple PE exams if you want to practice another discipline like me! Fortunately, I love stuDYING! Woooo!

Although...Civils also have to take several exams to get their licenses, but then again, Civils are just kind of weird in general... :rotflmao:

Edited by squaretaper PE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • fudgey 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nashi said:

I just asked NCEES rep if the survey is sent to all those who took the test at the same time and the rep said yes..it is sent to everyone at the same time.

I asked is it sent to those who failed first? and she said no, everyone is sent the survey at the same time.

 

The trend was that if you receive the survey on even minutes in the hour you failed and those received the survey on odd minutes of the hour passed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kalika PE said:

The trend was that if you receive the survey on even minutes in the hour you failed and those received the survey on odd minutes of the hour passed. 

Actually, if you received it on an even minute on an even hour, you failed. If you received it on an odd minute in an odd hour, you passed. If you received it on an even minute on an odd hour, your Scantron jammed the machine and delayed results for everybody and yours got irrecoverably destroyed by the machine. If you received it on an odd minute on an even hour, then it's irrelevant because you accidentally sat for the CPA exam.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...