The Last Supper

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vee043324

White Claw Pusher
Reaction score
Drop the meal you plan on eating Thursday night before Judgement Day.

Open to those who have already passed (if you remember what you ate the night before) and obviously to those who are taking it Friday. 

Also open to power breakfast recommendations!

For breakfast, I would pass on a pot of coffee, bacon, eggs, toast and scattered, smothered, and covered hash browns from Waffle House.  It was not a pleasant afternoon for those sitting in my vicinity. 

I'm making pasta at home. I've gotten really lazy about cooking these past several months BUUUUT I don't want to risk food poisoning the day before.

I am getting Starbucks the morning of, which I know is a bad idea, but I give zero fucks.

I'm making pasta at home. I've gotten really lazy about cooking these past several months BUUUUT I don't want to risk food poisoning the day before.

I am getting Starbucks the morning of, which I know is a bad idea, but I give zero fucks.
I got sbux venti black and white mocha with a sausage cheddar sammich morning of my pass day! 

Drop the meal you plan on eating Thursday night before Judgement Day.

Open to those who have already passed (if you remember what you ate the night before) and obviously to those who are taking it Friday. 

Also open to power breakfast recommendations!
I just recommend meals that make you feel good. If that's fried chicken then go for it. If it's a salad great. If it's Mac and cheese with goat cheese melted in that's cool too. Comfort food that will help you sleep! And see above for my power breakfast! 

I think I was so nervous I skipped dinner. But on exam day I think I had a Kind bar, Red Bull, and a Mountain Dew while waiting for the gate to open at the California Expo Center. Kinda-sorta intentionally trying to keep it light. My first couple of attempts I ate too much for sure. Not blaming the food for the fails, but still didn't feel good.

I'm pretty sure I made my favorite lentil salad for dinner the night before, and then took leftovers for lunch during the exam.

My typical breakfast before a race is one slice of Ezekiel bread toasted with peanut butter and sliced banana on top. Then if I get hungry, I'll eat part or all of a Clif bar. I'm fairly certain that on exam day, I did my normal routine of eating a banana first, then got in the car and drove to the expo center. I'd brought some overnight oats (probably chocolate peanut butter overnight oats with blueberries) with me, that I ate when I was sitting in the parking lot because I got there ridiculously early.

As I recall, my wife asked what I would like to have for my last dinner (don't remember breakfast or lunch), which is her Ziti with Ricotta and parmesan cheese mixed-in (sort of a baked Ziti without being baked - my favorite meal), some sliced sweet carrots, apple sauce, and sweet rolls - Yummy.

I had a Panera Greek salad during the lunch break last time so there will be no Panera in sight this time. 

Leaning towards peanut butter and banana on toast for breakfast. 

Not sure what to do for dinner tomorrow!

I prefer to eat light. Maybe a salad and soup for dinner the night before. Then breakfast would be an English muffin with jelly or something with a banana. Then for lunch on the day of the exam would be a sandwich with some apple sauce and a plain chocolate bar for added sugar.

You don't want to eat heavy and risk stomach aches or anything. Especially if you're nervous.

I know the town I'm traveling to for the exam, so I'm dining on whatever fare looks good at a local Italian place (Is it ziti, or is it lasagna? Or the fettuccine alfredo? Decisions, decisions...).

The morning of, im taking a crapshoot on the hotel's breakfast.  I usually pack a protein bar or two in case the hotel staff doesn't get breakfast put out in time.

I think I was so nervous I skipped dinner. But on exam day I think I had a Kind bar, Red Bull, and a Mountain Dew while waiting for the gate to open at the California Expo Center. Kinda-sorta intentionally trying to keep it light. My first couple of attempts I ate too much for sure. Not blaming the food for the fails, but still didn't feel good.
Sounds like something I would do 😄

EDIT:  I feel like grabbing a beer called "Lucky Buddha" is a good sign (the name...and the fact that I've never seen a bottle quite like this):

luckybuddha.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back