Lynyrd Skynyrd

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audi Driver P.E.

Reaction score
I just realized there isn't a thread devoted to Lynyrd Skynyrd in this forum. Well, now that wrong has been righted.

We use to go to this bar that had a jukebox and sure enough, someone would play Sweet Home Alabama, it cool to hear it once in an evening but four or five times in two hours, ugh.  I hate the song now.

Last summer we were at a work thing downtown Denver, when it was over we went to a bar for the "younger crowd" it also had a new type of juke box, it was about 1 AM and I went over and selected Free bird - and like the entire place literally stopped and looked around with their faux lumberjack beards and skinny jeans and gave out a colossal WTF...

F’k them.  A few weeks ago after my nephews wedding we were all at a crowded Margharitas restaurant that had an internet juke box.  Threw a $20 in for &1 a song.  I picked freebies.  And the prompt said I could play it next for 5 credits.  I pushed Hell Yes.  A small group of us rocked.

10 hours ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

How about Simple Man?

It's a good song but can't say I love it. Admittedly, any Lynyrd Skynyrd knowledge comes from class rock radio, but I like "Tuesday's Gone" and "Gimme Back My Bullets." Never actually dived into their catalog.  

I played guitar in a red dirt and classic rock band in college. Nothing to write home about but played a few bars and parties and stuff. Never failed "Play Freebird!!" about mid way through a show. As a former guitar player you have to appreciate that solo. 

My brother likes to call out "FREEBIRD" at shows he sees, just to be a troll. One time he saw Skynyrd and ZZ Top when they toured together, but waited to yell "FREEBIRD" when ZZ Top was on stage.  He said that he got a lot of incredulous looks from people standing around him.  

Its pretty much a rule that any time there is a live band going on someone should scream out Freebird, I even did this at the Rod Stewart show in Vegas last Summer, he actually stopped and just said "I don't think so" as he was walking around stage (My wife hid under her seat)

Its pretty much a rule that any time there is a live band going on someone should scream out Freebird, I even did this at the Rod Stewart show in Vegas last Summer, he actually stopped and just said "I don't think so" as he was walking around stage (My wife hid under her seat)
LOL! That's great.

Back