To everyone taking the test on Friday

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdGrave

Reaction score
Good luck.  You've worked hard to prepare and it's about to pay off.  Remember to put your formula sheet on top and take a copy of Graffeo and you'll be fine.  

One more thing, you might get some questions concerning ANSI device numbers and descriptions.

Make sure to take this sheet with you in case it comes up.  Easy points to not leave on the table.  

http://www.gegridsolutions.com/multilin/notes/ref/ANSi.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck.  You've worked hard to prepare and it's about to pay off.  Remember to put your formula sheet on top and take a copy of Graffeo and you'll be fine.  

One more thing, you might get some questions concerning ANSI device numbers and descriptions.

Make sure to take this sheet with you in case it comes up.  Easy points to not leave on the table.  

Normally I am not optimistic but I have a decent feeling about this. Good printout. I already have it in my binder. 😬

We will be fine. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be fun.

Normally I am not optimistic but I have a decent feeling about this. Good printout. I already have it in my binder. 😬

We will be fine. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be fun.
I'll tell you, you'll be amazed at how fast the 8 hours go.  I can barely abide sitting for a 2-hour car ride, but even at the 4-hour mark for the morning and afternoon, I would have killed for more review time.  And I finished at least an hour early for each part.

I'll tell you, you'll be amazed at how fast the 8 hours go.  I can barely abide sitting for a 2-hour car ride, but even at the 4-hour mark for the morning and afternoon, I would have killed for more review time.  And I finished at least an hour early for each part.
I took the last paper FE exam back in 2013 and those hours flew by. Even during the 4 hour LEED exam felt like an hour. It's all relative. Anyway, it's time to ditch that EIT for something better!

Thanks. Yes, I also have the same printout of ANSI in my binder. I am too expecting (may be one) question where I have to use this ANSI sheet. Do you remember how hard were Switchgear Protection and Coordination questions ? This time a lot of focus is on that topic (13 questions)..

I have the ANSI list too but this one looks a little neater so I printed it out.  Thanks guys I'm cautiously optimistic.  I've definitely put in the time.  No this is not going to be fun.  This is an all out war against the evil exam.  It's like playing golf.  It's you against the course and old man par.  Every time you birdie a hole you piss off the course.  When you break par for 18 holes you break the spirit of the course.  You win.  Same with the exam.  Each question you get right is a dagger and the exam bleeds a little more.  It will try to throw you off the ledge and you will definitely lose your footing multiple times but in the end you will have poked so many holes there won't be much left of it and you will be left standing.  Ok you're right this will be fun!

Good luck.  You've worked hard to prepare and it's about to pay off.  
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I put in a lot of study time for this exam, and I feel extremely confident. last few days will not make up for 6-8 months of study time, so I'm just going to relax. Friday can't come fast enough. =)

I'm starting to get pumped!!!!! 
So you're pumped too, huh? I just wanna take a whole bunch of caffeine, go all out and get it done. I hate having this burden hang over me. I'm more fascinated just seeing the exam itself since there's a whole lot of gossip about it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I put in a lot of study time for this exam, and I feel extremely confident. last few days will not make up for 6-8 months of study time, so I'm just going to relax. Friday can't come fast enough. =)
You're absolutely right. I'm trying to wind down a bit. If I didn't study a certain topic in these 6 months then I'm just going to refer to it in my references during the exam. There's only so much we can learn in a certain period of time.

So you're pumped too, huh? I just wanna take a whole bunch of caffeine, go all out and get it done. I hate having this burden hang over me. I'm more fascinated just seeing the exam itself since there's a whole lot of gossip about it.

You're absolutely right. I'm trying to wind down a bit. If I didn't study a certain topic in these 6 months then I'm just going to refer to it in my references during the exam. There's only so much we can learn in a certain period of time.
Just expect to see A LOT of material you haven't seen/heard of/knew existed before...

Just expect to see A LOT of material you haven't seen/heard of/knew existed before...
Oh, believe me, I'm expecting it and I know there's no much I could have done during studying. I'm sure a lot of these questions throw almost everyone off. I'm prepared to look things up and make educated guesses, unfortunately.

I guess for this exam you basically study concepts and the rest is done during the exam with references.

This. Listen to this Vermont hooligan. Some stuff will also be suspiciously easy. Stay sharp and watch your units.

Oh, believe me, I'm expecting it and I know there's no much I could have done during studying. I'm sure a lot of these questions throw almost everyone off. I'm prepared to look things up and make educated guesses, unfortunately.

I guess for this exam you basically study concepts and the rest is done during the exam with references.
And learn everything you can about Liquid Sodium flow characteristics through a pipe

I have the ANSI list too but this one looks a little neater so I printed it out.  Thanks guys I'm cautiously optimistic.  I've definitely put in the time.  No this is not going to be fun.  This is an all out war against the evil exam.  It's like playing golf.  It's you against the course and old man par.  Every time you birdie a hole you piss off the course.  When you break par for 18 holes you break the spirit of the course.  You win.  Same with the exam.  Each question you get right is a dagger and the exam bleeds a little more.  It will try to throw you off the ledge and you will definitely lose your footing multiple times but in the end you will have poked so many holes there won't be much left of it and you will be left standing.  Ok you're right this will be fun!
What an interesting and clever way of characterizing the feeling of taking the P.E. exam.... good luck to you next week !

Back