D-Day approaching

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daydreambeliever

Reaction score
We're getting close!! How is everyone going to use the rest of their time? 

I plan on working as many problems as I can this week and this Friday making sure my cheat sheets are solid and my references are tabbed well. Saturday I'm going to do a practice test and up until next Wednesday I'm going to work on my weak areas that the practice test revealed.

On Thursday I'm going to drive to Raleigh get checked into my hotel and go through my references again. Friday when I wake up I will get breakfast at the hotel and I'm working on my playlist for the drive from the hotel to the testing location. So far I have:

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

All I do is Win - DJ Khaled

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Turn Down For What - DJ Snake

I took the test in April so I feel like I've been studying for a year straight. I might just play 'Eye of the Tiger' on repeat!

What is everyone's strategy for the next week and morning of?

I would recommend playing that after the exam as well, and maybe at lunch break. 

I got to the exam really early, but I would have just been sitting in my hotel room waiting to leave so I just went! good luck!

Studying through Wednesday is a good plan. I think I hit peak-preparedness on the Wednesday evening before the test. I tried studying on Thursday... that wasn't productive - by then I had hit the point of negative returns on studying. I recommend trying to relax a little that evening.

Hype songs and walk-up music seems like a really good idea!

Be sure you have all of your references, calculator, exam authorization, etc before you leave for the hotel. Remember to set lots of redundant alarms and wake-up calls via hotel and friends/family for Friday morning. Try to get to the site early. You really don't want to oversleep or otherwise arrive late.

My strategies are working through as many practice problems as I can during the next few days and into the weekend. I plan on honing any deficiencies from the practice exam, as well as set aside some time to brush up on a couple of struggle topics.

I plan to stop studying either Monday night or Tuesday am.  I'm not going to learn that much more between then and the test. My plan is to stay as calm and focused as I can, since this is not my first time taking the test :( I think I have the tools to pass, but I can't psyche myself out.  By taking a couple of days off and letting my brain rest before the exam, I think that will help calm my nerves and allow me to focus. 

honestly part of my exam prep is watching this gif 20 times/day

giphy.gif

@vee043324 I really want you to pass the test and I won't do anything to disrupt that. So I guess whatever gets you pumped and all....  but I just want to let you know that it's taking all of my willpower right now, to not post some SB LII gifs of my own. 

Also, I thought you were a Colts fan?

I would recommend playing that after the exam as well, and maybe at lunch break. 
Yeah, I think I'll make 2 drive home playlists. One along the lines of my morning 'get ready for battle' playlist and another one will be Coldplay's complete discography. Hopefully I won't have to play the Coldplay playlist  :laugh:

Hype songs and walk-up music seems like a really good idea!

Be sure you have all of your references, calculator, exam authorization, etc before you leave for the hotel. 
Music does wonders for the mind and soul!

And my anxiety will kick in before I leave on Thursday. I will check and recheck 5 times that I have all needed items. 

My strategies are working through as many practice problems as I can during the next few days and into the weekend. I plan on honing any deficiencies from the practice exam, as well as set aside some time to brush up on a couple of struggle topics.
Yeah I'm hoping by taking one more practice exam on Saturday that I can really identify any problem areas I have and make needed corrections or add to my references

honestly part of my exam prep is watching this gif 20 times/day

giphy.gif

I just can't even with Tom Brady!!!!

rrdru.jpg

@vee043324 I really want you to pass the test and I won't do anything to disrupt that. So I guess whatever gets you pumped and all....  but I just want to let you know that it's taking all of my willpower right now, to not post some SB LII gifs of my own. 

Also, I thought you were a Colts fan?
I am a colts fan but TB is still pretty incredible and I respect that. 

We're getting close!! How is everyone going to use the rest of their time? 

I plan on working as many problems as I can this week and this Friday making sure my cheat sheets are solid and my references are tabbed well. Saturday I'm going to do a practice test and up until next Wednesday I'm going to work on my weak areas that the practice test revealed.

On Thursday I'm going to drive to Raleigh get checked into my hotel and go through my references again. Friday when I wake up I will get breakfast at the hotel and I'm working on my playlist for the drive from the hotel to the testing location. So far I have:

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

All I do is Win - DJ Khaled

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Turn Down For What - DJ Snake

I took the test in April so I feel like I've been studying for a year straight. I might just play 'Eye of the Tiger' on repeat!

What is everyone's strategy for the next week and morning of?
The Final Countdown by Europe.

Yeah, I think I'll make 2 drive home playlists. One along the lines of my morning 'get ready for battle' playlist and another one will be Coldplay's complete discography. Hopefully I won't have to play the Coldplay playlist  :laugh:

Music does wonders for the mind and soul!

And my anxiety will kick in before I leave on Thursday. I will check and recheck 5 times that I have all needed items. 

Yeah I'm hoping by taking one more practice exam on Saturday that I can really identify any problem areas I have and make needed corrections or add to my references

I just can't even with Tom Brady!!!!

View attachment 12006
So I’ve realized crying Tom is me during the last two exams. LETS GO Tom is me now about to take this one. We all need some time to grow. LETS GO!

Don't dread it but embrace it. Remember, the things we fear have already happened to us.

Also, my favorite confidence song is Tool - Lateralus:

I'm reaching up and reaching out.
I'm reaching for the random or whatever will bewilder me.
Whatever will bewilder me.

And following our will and wind
We may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end
And may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going.

You Enviros are so supportive! I love it! Three cheers from your friendly neighborhood Mechanical. You can do it!

Air? Easy! Water? Piece of cake! You guys will turn this exam into solid waste!

Remember you all have SPAM waiting for you when you're done! @vee043324 @txjennah@daydreambeliever Did I forget anyone?

Also, remember to bring a chocolate bar or other candy bar for a mid session snack to keep the brain sugar topped up. LadySquare suggested this and it really helped. Also, hydrate. Your brain is working overtime and needs to stay soft and squishy to crunch those remediation problems. I nearly died of thirst on my first attempt. You guys got it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, it's seriously a lot of fun. And it really helps with the stress of waiting for the results.  

Just be prepared for a LOT of troll attempts :)
It’s a proven fact that the amount of spam you post on here, especially post-exam, your likelihood of a passing increase proportionately. 

It’s a proven fact that the amount of spam you post on here, especially post-exam, your likelihood of a passing increase proportionately. 
I'm hoping that spam points that I did during the April 2018 cycle, which I sat out, carries forward into this attempt.  The formula works that way right? RIGHT?

Back