Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Jerry87x

What are the best practice exams to get to pass the CA Surveying exam (most similar practice exams)

1 hour ago, WaitingForThatPE said:

Yes, All done.

How soon after passing exam did you get your license number, physical copy and name showing up on the lookup?

Awesome. I got my number about a week after I found out I passed (I just happened to fall within that licensing cycle). Physical copy showed up a couple weeks later?

On 10/17/2018 at 8:18 AM, engineeringforfun said:

I found that CPESR had the best practice tests (in my opinion), but the class itself I found to be pretty useless. I thought Reza had the best manual, with very good practice problems. EET had some decent practice exams as well, but the book seemed overwhelming and the class might be overkill (didn't watch any lectures, just bought the class for the exams).

I took the CPESR class the first time I took the exam and failed. The second time I used Reza's manual and EET's practice exams and passed.

CPESR: http://civilpesurveyingreview.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwu5veBRBBEiwAFTqDwQtBKNHQpe0eX8gNR3mpaN8alNyOF7JIxSw1shgeFFU2X_Zx3HFcHxoC-vYQAvD_BwE

Reza: https://www.surveyingreview.com/

EET: http://www.eetusa.com/classes/ca-specific/surveying

Did you feel that the CPESR practice exams were appropriate for the new test plan? I am looking by for as many practice exams as possible 

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 4:55 PM, IwantthatPE said:

Did you feel that the CPESR practice exams were appropriate for the new test plan? I am looking by for as many practice exams as possible 

I never took the old test and to be honest I didn't think that the EET or Reza problems (which were by the new test plan) were any different than CPESR. I have a hard time recommending purchasing the CPESR class though because the class itself is fairly useless (in my opinion). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, engineeringforfun said:

I never took the old test and to be honest I didn't think that the EET or Reza problems (which were by the new test plan) were any different than CPESR. I have a hard time recommending purchasing the CPESR class though because the class itself is fairly useless (in my opinion). 

Thanks for your response. I did EET on demand and have Reza’s workbook so now I am just trying to decide if I should purchase CPESR only for the Practice exams.  Thanks again 

On 11/14/2018 at 2:10 PM, IwantthatPE said:

Thanks for your response. I did EET on demand and have Reza’s workbook so now I am just trying to decide if I should purchase CPESR only for the Practice exams.  Thanks again 

I wouldn't. I think between the EET practice exams and Reza's problems you will be ok.

• Thanks 3