what to do next after passing seismic and surveying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreamo

Reaction score
I got the result for seismic and surveying this monday and I'm wondering what should I do next? Do I need to submit forms to apply for licensure or I just need to wait for my licensure?

I got the result for seismic and surveying this monday and I'm wondering what should I do next? Do I need to submit forms to apply for licensure or I just need to wait for my licensure?
Congrats. At this point you just need to wait. You'll get an e-mail from the board once they process your license number. It'll happen sometime this month. A few weeks after you'll get your license in the mail.

Congrats man on passing the exams, kindly what materials/ courses did you use for both exams ? Thank you

Congrats. At this point you just need to wait. You'll get an e-mail from the board once they process your license number. It'll happen sometime this month. A few weeks after you'll get your license in the mail.
Aloha,

Just wondering if this is the same case if I'm out of state - living in Hawaii but relocating to CA by the end of the year? Passed all exams as well and it's been over a month since I received the "pass" notification on my last outstanding Seismic Principles exam, passed the Surveying a couple of years back. I'm a licensed P.E. in Hawaii.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Mahalo much.

Aloha,

Just wondering if this is the same case if I'm out of state - living in Hawaii but relocating to CA by the end of the year? Passed all exams as well and it's been over a month since I received the "pass" notification on my last outstanding Seismic Principles exam, passed the Surveying a couple of years back. I'm a licensed P.E. in Hawaii.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Mahalo much.
Send me a PM and I'll check status for you

This is the email the CA Board sends out when inquiring about license status:

License numbers are issued every other week for all eligible applicants who have passed all required exams and fulfilled the Livescan/Fingerprint requirement. Once the Systems Analyst completes the verification process and it is determined you qualify for licensure, your license number will be issued. Your PE license number will then appear in ‘License Lookup’ on the CA Board’s website: License Lookup - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists. Please note that the verification process may take 2-4 weeks after passing all required exams.

Your wall certificate will be mailed to you in approximately 4 to 6 weeks after your license is issued. You will also receive a plastic pocket ID card in the mail in approximately 12 weeks after your license is issued.

In accordance with PE Act §6764, each professional engineer shall, upon licensure, obtain a seal or stamp. Please refer to Board Rules §411 for specific information about licensee seal and signature requirements. PE Act and Board Rules may be found on the Board’s website: Laws and Regulations - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.

If your contact information has changed since you submitted your application, complete the address change form located on the Board’s website: Online Address Change Form - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.

Any other questions regarding licensure should be directed to your Evaluator. Please visit the Contact Us page of our website for their information: Contact Information - Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.

Back