NESC, NFPA 70E, 497, 499 & 30B

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndekens

Reaction score
Are there free resources for these code books somewhere? Last time I took the test it was only on the NEC now we need another $1K in code books every few years....getting ridiculous.

Does your office have a library that you can borrow from?  I was able to borrow some from coworkers who have already taken and passed the exam. 497 and 499 I had to print from a standards and codes database that we have access to at work. 

While we're on the subject, is it just me or does it seem completely ridiculous that "Code for the Manufacture and Storage of Aerosol Products" could potentially be on the exam.

I struggle to understand how it's even related. The hazardous category stuff, sure. But aerosol cans? Really?

While we're on the subject, is it just me or does it seem completely ridiculous that "Code for the Manufacture and Storage of Aerosol Products" could potentially be on the exam.

I struggle to understand how it's even related. The hazardous category stuff, sure. But aerosol cans? Really?
It is ridiculous. In fact, from what I've seen from previous survey results from Eng Pro Guides a lot of the people that passed didn't even take 70E, 497, 499 & 30B. I'm only taking a short handbook version of 70E. I can't buy all of these references, read and tab them for one possible question. That's a bit insane. I might as well just bit the bullet even though it sounds a bit ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. In fact, from what I've seen from previous survey results from Eng Pro Guides a lot of the people that passed didn't even take 70E, 497, 499 & 30B. I'm only taking a short handbook version of 70E. I can't buy all of these references, read and tab them for one possible question. That's a bit insane. I might as well just bit the bullet even though it sounds a bit ridiculous.
I was planning on doing the same... but the closer the exam got the more nervous about it I got. After all this work I don't want to miss a question just because I'm cheap.

I was planning on doing the same... but the closer the exam got the more nervous about it I got. After all this work I don't want to miss a question just because I'm cheap.
Which is what I did.  I got work to split the cost 50/50 mostly.  

All said and done, the specific resources indicated by some of the others are generally your safest bet... all things considered.  Your abuse may vary based on the test given though.    

Back