MICHIGAN - RESULTS - Page 6 - APR 2007 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Raanne

MICHIGAN - RESULTS

Guest BigBen
Is it like calling the elevator? The more I push the button (check it) the sooner it arrives?????? :brickwall:

The wait is killing me. I think this is harder than waiting for the test results!

August 27: Still waiting for a license in Michigan.

Guest moderndoug
August 27: Still waiting for a license in Michigan.

I'm still waiting too, no letter, nothing on the website! I noticed that you need to search on full last name only in the new license look-up (do not include any letters of a first name). Not as many automatic wild card search features. It looks like they migrated a lot of data (e.g. old or lapsed) to the new database. ModernDoug

ok - now i feel like a freak for getting mine so soon - i wonder what the hold up is... its past the 6 weeks from when we got our letters - have you tried calling them?

/good luck...

Guest BigBen
ok - now i feel like a freak for getting mine so soon - i wonder what the hold up is... its past the 6 weeks from when we got our letters - have you tried calling them?

/good luck...

Raanne,

I'm trying to be 'patient' since I figure they're getting plenty of calls that are driving them crazy...

My patience does have an expiration date though!

I figure if I don't see it by the end of the week, I'll contact them early next week to ask if everything is OK.

I'll keep you all posted,

-Ben

Guest moderndoug

I have about the same level of patience and sensitivity to "bugging them". BigBen, I'll wait to hear how your call goes next week, before I unleash the dogs.

Thanks, ModernDoug

Guest moderndoug
Raanne,

I'm trying to be 'patient' since I figure they're getting plenty of calls that are driving them crazy...

My patience does have an expiration date though!

I figure if I don't see it by the end of the week, I'll contact them early next week to ask if everything is OK.

I'll keep you all posted,

-Ben

Have you called / heard / seen anything new? Thanks.

Guest BigBen
Have you called / heard / seen anything new? Thanks.

Nothing yet.

I ended up going out of town for a few days this week on a new project.

I'm going to drop them an Email before I leave.

I'll report in when I know more!

(Still waiting)

-Ben

Guest BigBen
Nothing yet.

I ended up going out of town for a few days this week on a new project.

I'm going to drop them an Email before I leave.

I'll report in when I know more!

(Still waiting)

-Ben

OK, I know more now!!!

I contaced Michael Pillow again. His reply sounded like he's pretty stressed out, but progressing through the applications.

Long story short: They review the license applications in the order of 'last reference received', or 'application complete' sequence.

Right now he's working on license applications that were complete on July 10. My last reference (my current boss!) didn't get his in until July 24! :brickwall:

He said it will likely be a couple more weeks before he'll even open up my application to know if there is anything else needed.

Hopefully this helps us all wait paitiently!!!!

-Ben

Guest moderndoug
OK, I know more now!!!

I contaced Michael Pillow again. His reply sounded like he's pretty stressed out, but progressing through the applications.

Long story short: They review the license applications in the order of 'last reference received', or 'application complete' sequence.

Right now he's working on license applications that were complete on July 10. My last reference (my current boss!) didn't get his in until July 24! :brickwall:

He said it will likely be a couple more weeks before he'll even open up my application to know if there is anything else needed.

Hopefully this helps us all wait paitiently!!!!

-Ben

Ben - still no word??? Please tell me that there are assistants doing the initial sorts to determine completeness and put into various piles. I'm still sitting tight, but would like to know whether I need to scramble to fill a "hole" and get back in the "ready for consideration" stack. - ModernDoug

you know, I've been watching this, and was all excited when i saw there was activity in the Michigan Results thread - sux that its not news. I can't believe it is taking this long!

I'm sure this isn't a very promising thing, but do you think the state shut-down is going to mean no new licensing or progress until after the state government is up and running again?

Guest BigBen
Ben - still no word??? Please tell me that there are assistants doing the initial sorts to determine completeness and put into various piles. I'm still sitting tight, but would like to know whether I need to scramble to fill a "hole" and get back in the "ready for consideration" stack. - ModernDoug

I'm just trying to sit here patiently waiting.

I have no idea how long this may take. (I think the government is back in operation?)

My guess is that when they get to my file I'll either get a license, or a notifcation that more is needed.

This is all pretty frustrating after all the time and effort put in this spring.

Patient, I must be patient..... :brickwall:

As some of you know I am the sdrawkcab (backwards) guys. I PASSED the PE in 10/05 in ILLINOIS. But the FE/EIT was a beast and I didn't PASS it until 04/07 MICHIGIAN.

In ILLINOIS my application expired March of 07 which didn't allow me to sit for the 04/07 exam in Illinois. So I called Illinois 4 times before I opted to go to Michigian to take the FE/EIT. I asked if I have my FE/EIT scores sent from Michigian will you (ILLINOIS) release my license. They told me yes 4 times.

Needless to say after I got my PASS from Michigian I had Michigian (DLEG) send over my scores. Then Illinois started the :brickwall: . Then no one in the office could help. They then tell me that I must get my license from elsewhere 1st. What the FCUK I say ?

June 16th MI results received.

June 26th IL receives MI scores

June 27th IL says resubmit your application & $100

July 2nd IL application processed

Sometime after this Illinois starts the crap

July 13th IL send MI PE score

July 25th MI has my application for PE with everything included (letters of recommendations,transript,application, money, etc.)

Aug 1st MI cashes checks

Sep 18th MI calls me and states that Illinois scores says that I passed the FE (say it ain't so)

Sep 18th I have Illinois fax letter stating I Passed the PE

Sep 21st MI receives hard copy stating I Passed the PE

Oct 2nd MI states that my application should be complete by Friday

I'll keep you guys & gals posted

^^^^ Sounds about right for Illinois...lots of red tape to do anything! The Board of Prof Regulation is no different...it takes them months just to approve their meeting minutes. January 2007 minutes were not approved and releasable until August I believe!

Edited by snickerd3

Uggghhh. That sounds horrible. I feel for you....

But I didn't realize my screen name matches the MI licensing organization??? yikes - maybe I should change it.

Guest BigBen
I'm just trying to sit here patiently waiting.

I have no idea how long this may take. (I think the government is back in operation?)

My guess is that when they get to my file I'll either get a license, or a notifcation that more is needed.

This is all pretty frustrating after all the time and effort put in this spring.

Patient, I must be patient..... :brickwall:

:multiplespotting:

It came through late this afternoon.......

I'VE GOT MY LICENSE!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone else's shows up soon!

-Ben

Guest moderndoug
It came through late this afternoon.......

I'VE GOT MY LICENSE!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone else's shows up soon!

-Ben

Congrats Ben - I assume you mean that your license number shows on the DLEG website now. Let us know when you receive something in the mail.

Thanks. ModernDoug

Guest BigBen
Congrats Ben - I assume you mean that your license number shows on the DLEG website now. Let us know when you receive something in the mail.

Thanks. ModernDoug

Correct!

It shows a license number on the DLEG site.

Nothing in the mail yet. But from what Raanne and others said, I expect it soon.

(Hoping yours comes in this week too!)

-Ben

Correct!

It shows a license number on the DLEG site.

Nothing in the mail yet. But from what Raanne and others said, I expect it soon.

(Hoping yours comes in this week too!)

-Ben

Congrats Ben! Thats great! I was beginning to wonder what was up with Michigan! Mine came w/in a week of it showing up on the site - you can see the wonderful "certificate" they send. oh and "wallet certificate" - its a bit of a joke. ;) I think i'm going to invest in a nice one I can frame... but i'll wait till next year, because my I'm getting married, so I want it to have my new name on there...

hopefully this means everyone else isn't too far behind!

It's official my license has been posted ...

:multiplespotting::multiplespotting:

Finally the journey is finally over ... P.E. for Life. :p10940623:

No more :reading:

Thanks to all & Good luck for those taking the exam at the end of the month.

Congrats! That was a pretty incredible journey, too.

Finally the journey is finally over ... P.E. for Life.

congrats!

Guest BigBen
congrats!

What a relief.

The certificate arrived and I'm now official.

(as soon as I buy a stamp and return an impression of it to DLEG)

Now I get to relax and enjoy life as a PE for a while. Maybe I'll sit down and scribble "P.E." onto all my business cards!

Hope everyone else gets their license soon!

-Ben

It's Official ... I got my license yesterday. It's time to :beerchug: on mo gin. I am going to party so hard on October 27 !!! In honor of not taking the DAM test again.

Guest BigBen
What a relief.

The certificate arrived and I'm now official.

(as soon as I buy a stamp and return an impression of it to DLEG)

Now I get to relax and enjoy life as a PE for a while. Maybe I'll sit down and scribble "P.E." onto all my business cards!

Hope everyone else gets their license soon!

-Ben

My package from Engineerseals.com just showed up....

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*

*STAMP*