MICHIGAN - RESULTS - Page 2 - APR 2007 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Raanne

MICHIGAN - RESULTS

AAAAHHHHH - i was at the boyfriends yesterday/today, so i haven't checked my mail yet!!!! i'm heading home now.... in complete anticipation.... must learn to breath and calm down - i'll let you guys know!

Congrats to all the MI folks who passed!!

And as always thanks to those of you in the Milltary :PASSED2:

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/huge huge huge sigh of relief...

:woot::eyebrows::multiplespotting:

we-all-pown-in-different-ways.gif

Guest BigBen
I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot::eyebrows::multiplespotting:

we-all-pown-in-different-ways.gif

CONGRATS Raanne!!!!

So happy for you!

Now, I have to do the final application.

I went online last night and the PDF link for the application was a FAQ.... I can't find the application!

(is this my final 'exam'??????)

-Ben

Congrats Raane!! :woot:

I like the picture. 6 more posts and you get on the banner!

CONGRATS Raanne!!!!

So happy for you!

Now, I have to do the final application.

I went online last night and the PDF link for the application was a FAQ.... I can't find the application!

(is this my final 'exam'??????)

-Ben

Thanks for the congrats everyone! (and congratulations to all of you!)

Ben - i noticed that too! I think there is a mistake w/ the link, or the wrong pdf is loaded or something. I'm assuming it should look kind of like the the application for non-licensed engineers - it says its a pdf that you can tab through...

ugh - now i have to go back to my old job and have my old boss fill out a testemonial... (i just left that job 2 weeks ago)

not. fun.

Guest BigBen
Thanks for the congrats everyone! (and congratulations to all of you!)

Ben - i noticed that too! I think there is a mistake w/ the link, or the wrong pdf is loaded or something. I'm assuming it should look kind of like the the application for non-licensed engineers - it says its a pdf that you can tab through...

ugh - now i have to go back to my old job and have my old boss fill out a testemonial... (i just left that job 2 weeks ago)

not. fun.

Well, so far I haven't found the application and forms.

I guess I'll have to work on that this week.

(If anyone knows where to get them, I'd love to know!)

-Ben

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Raanne! :Locolaugh:

Well, so far I haven't found the application and forms.

I guess I'll have to work on that this week.

(If anyone knows where to get them, I'd love to know!)

Same problem here. I already sent an email to the state board about it. But it wouldn't hurt for us to team up on them. The contacts listed on the website are: mailto:bcslic@michigan.gov?Subject=Professional Engineers Web Inquiry and (517) 241-9288.

Once we get the app, all we have to do is fill out a bunch more paperwork, get our references, send in more money (I think) and wait another 6 weeks. But the hard part is finally over!

Same problem here. I already sent an email to the state board about it. But it wouldn't hurt for us to team up on them. The contacts listed on the website are: mailto:bcslic@michigan.gov?Subject=Professional Engineers Web Inquiry and (517) 241-9288.

Once we get the app, all we have to do is fill out a bunch more paperwork, get our references, send in more money (I think) and wait another 6 weeks. But the hard part is finally over!

A couple weeks ago, I went to the MDLEQ office in Okemos (where I work) and the guy told me to complete the RECIPRICOL Application. The folks who maintain the website screwed it up and removed the regular application. So he told me to complete the recipricol application and to cross out "recipricol."

And in the celebration, I almost forogt: GOOD LUCK Raanne, BigBen, ALBin517 and everyone else in MI!!!!

Thanks for the luck. It must have worked. I passed (first time, transportation afternoon, Owosso site).

FYI - My results were dated June 12th (from ELSES), postmarked June 13th (from 29631) and received June 16th (at 48848).

Thanks for the luck. It must have worked. I passed (first time, transportation afternoon, Owosso site).

FYI - My results were dated June 12th (from ELSES), postmarked June 13th (from 29631) and received June 16th (at 48848).

Congrats ALBin517! :Locolaugh:

Also, for those interested, the passing results consisted of a single sheet of paper, in a normal sized (#10) envelope.

Way to go Raanne! You must be elated!

you could tell? LOL - Thanks tho - I was. Its worn down a little bit, but it was fun to tell people at work this morning.

I think my nerves really got to me in this last week, and I started doubting myself... good to have it over with though. :Locolaugh:

Congratulations to everyone here! ALBin517, BigBen, jd_chi02, and Mudpuppy!

Thanks also to mgoose77, OceanEngr, frazil, Ritchie503, SapperPE, and jregieng for all the luck wished our way! It must have helped!

A couple weeks ago, I went to the MDLEQ office in Okemos (where I work) and the guy told me to complete the RECIPRICOL Application. The folks who maintain the website screwed it up and removed the regular application. So he told me to complete the recipricol application and to cross out "recipricol."

Maybe it's the state budget cuts; they can't afford to process two different types of applications.

But seriously; it does look like the Reciprocal application would work, but is the fee the same ($75)?

Here's the Link

Or you can try the very convoluted way to get there

www.michigan.gov

Business & Economic Growth

Licensing & Permits

Department of Labor & Economic Growth

Forms & Publications

Commercial Services - Forms

Licensing Forms - PE Forms

Application (PE).pdf

or PM me and I'll send you the file (can't figure out how to attach file to this message)

Congrats to all the successful MI examinees!!!

peexam.pdf

Guest BigBen
Here's the Link

Or you can try the very convoluted way to get there

www.michigan.gov

Business & Economic Growth

Licensing & Permits

Department of Labor & Economic Growth

Forms & Publications

Commercial Services - Forms

Licensing Forms - PE Forms

Application (PE).pdf

or PM me and I'll send you the file (can't figure out how to attach file to this message)

Congrats to all the successful MI examinees!!!

Once again.... all I get is a FAQ.

Am I missing something obvious???????

Sorry for the confusion - the MI website coupled with my ignorance of message board skills has probably led you to wonder how the hell I passed that exam :)

Anyway...the second file (the larger one) is the application in my modified post above

Sorry for the confusion - the MI website coupled with my ignorance of message board skills has probably led you to wonder how the hell I passed that exam :)

Anyway...the second file (the larger one) is the application in my modified post above

Awesome--you're the BOMB! Did you find that file on the state's website, or did you just happen to have a copy lying around?

Guest BigBen

SWEET!

Thanks singlespeed.

Now it looks like I need to spend some time filling out the paperwork!!!

Hopefully I can send this all off by the end of the week.

-Ben

thanks for finding the pdf! just for the record - it looks as though they have updated their website, so the correct file is on the website they sent out. (i'm sure the number of voicemails they had when they came in monday morning was a little overwhelming)

have you guys filled out the forms yet? Do we send back the verification forms or does whoever fills them out send them back? it looks like in the instructions we should send them, however at the end of the form it says to return the form to the office in michigan (which i'm assuming would be for the person filling them out to mail it in)

geez - i can pass a test, but i can't fill out a simple form... go figure.

have you guys filled out the forms yet? Do we send back the verification forms or does whoever fills them out send them back? it looks like in the instructions we should send them, however at the end of the form it says to return the form to the office in michigan (which i'm assuming would be for the person filling them out to mail it in)

geez - i can pass a test, but i can't fill out a simple form... go figure.

These forms are a big mess. I think the experience forms are supposed to be mailed directly by the person giving the reference. That's what it seems to say at the very top of Side 2 (in bold). I'm going to provide an envelope addressed to the board to each of my references so they don't have any excuse to dilly-dally.

Sign in to follow this