Taking backpack into exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomeybear

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can take a backpack into the exam?  Id like to carry some additional books that dont fit in my roller cart.

If there's any question or doubt, call your state board.  I'm in Texas and took in a massive suitcase the last round. 

I took it to the exam last October at Ft. Worth. They didn't have any issue with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if you can take a backpack into the exam?  Id like to carry some additional books that dont fit in my roller cart.
I'm not sure what State you are in, however based on seeing so many people bring large suitcases into the exam I took in New York, I cannot imagine there would be a problem.  As I recall, there was also a woman two people behind me in line to get it that had just a backpack.

It's against the rules in Maryland but only partially enforced. You can bring the backpack into the run, unpack your books, but then have to place the backback along one of the walls. You can recover it after the exam and use it to carry things out.

Back