Taking PTOE Oct 2018

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWest

Reaction score
I'm signed up to take the PTOE exam in a week or two. I know that the test was revamped to make it more difficult. Does anyone who has taken it recently have any tips on what to study. I'm reviewing the latest refresher course but I'm hearing that I'm expected to know various formulas and components that aren't covered in the course. This test definitely extends outside my current field and I'm concerned that I don't know enough outside of my knowledge base (Traffic Signals, Signing, Marking, MOT, Ped/Bike facilities). Any advice?

I took it today. Didn’t really do any preparation other than the typical day to day review the MUTCH, HCM, and Greenbook. Felt it was pretty tough and very subjective. What’d You think?

I found the exam challenging. A good portion of the test questions were about the "best" way to approach a problem or situation. Some were even book specific such as, "what is the best way according to the HCM?". Definitely a few quantitative problems with missing formulas that we were "expected to know". I guess we just wait now. Past test takers say to expect results around the beginning of December.

I have no idea. Hopefully soon. I did not think it to be easy. Hopefully I did better than I think...
Thank you. I checked last year and it looks that the result was available November 24,2017.

Thank you. I looks that the result for 2017 October was available on November 24, 2017.

Got my results yesterday. I passed! Now I just have to wait for my RSP results.

Back