Back on April 22..

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I wasnt this anxious to get the results back...

I wonder if over the months if I have led myself to believe I did better than I actually did..

Anyone else have similar thoughts...

No, I am still worried that I did not pass the exam.

As soon as I got home, I was checking all the answers. Most of the questions in question, I selected correctly.

Now those "easy" questions, those are cause for concern.

Don't go there. I don't want to think of failure at this point. I felt good coming out of the exam. If I failed, I wouldn't know where to start.

Well I've said a million times I didn't pass so I'm not excited about studying again. I hope the rest of you passed but then again I don't wanna be the only one.

I think I am in the same boat. I was sure I passed, 38 minimum correct in the am, and 30 correct minimum in the pm. But as time goes by I second guess myself, what if my numbering got off, what if I forgot to convert some unit, the list goes on and on.

I have alot riding on this, if I don't pass I don't know what I will do. I have already began setting my own consulting firm, and old clients are calling me asking me if I got my number yet. I can't wait, and it sure will be embarising if I FAIL.

I am worried as well about the exam results. I have had dreams where I failed the test which made me wonder how i actually did on test. Also, everone saying the test was so easy I am just hoping they won't have a stupid cutscore of 65 questions or up! or prolly they will! :dunno:

On 4/22, I didn't even care about the results that bad. I was just too relieved to be done.

By the time I started thinking about results a few days later, I didn't sweat it much, because they were so far off.

Now that they are imminent, I'm freking out like the rest of you.

Like someone said, every day we don't hear back, means its more likely tomorrow is the day.

I couldnt even count the # of "how many I think I got correct"

The afternoon seemed to roll along smooth, but I dont have any clue about the morning "stuff"

I just hope that time hasnt set me up for failure..

The hard ones I worked and came up with an answer most nearly to one of theirs, worries me that I made a dumb mistake.

The easy ones seemed almost to easy which worried me that I went by it to quick without really thinking about it.

Like I told my wife. If I passed it is truly a miracle. :prayers:

For me this is a process, I have been out of school to long and 6 minutes to work a problem is not enough time for me.

Yes I am slow!

The one thing I do know is I will pass!

[SIZE=8pt]Eventually[/SIZE].

I hate when you get the approximate answer that is right smack between two choices.

If it's like: A - 1, B - 10, C - 100, D - 1,000

And you get 90 for an answer, that's fine.

It's when two choices are 14 and 16 and you get 15 that it really sucks.

:lol:

I didnt have any that close. most of my answers were either "right on available" - off course that doesnt meant they were "right" but they were very close to a possible answer..

Which one would be most nearly.

Is it like "The Price Is Right", you can't go over.

I guess it depends on the problem and whether you have limits.

OH GOD!!! Now I am obsessing.

I am so looking forward to studying again. [SIZE=21pt]NOT!!!!![/SIZE]

:brick: :suicide:

I left thinking I was probably going to be borderline. I think as time has passed wishful thinking has turned into wishful believing that I passed. The thought of repeating this process, study, test, wait. Isn't appealing to me.

I think as time has passed wishful thinking has turned into wishful believing that I passed.

Thats exactly how I am feeling...

I hope this madness ends in a couple of weeks. I don't know how ,I don't know when, but someday soon i'm driving cross country to Califorinia, going surfing, and check out vegas along the way. I'm celebrating this wait either way. :beerchug

:beerchug

;guns; :cig:

During half-time (between AM and PM), I thought for sure I was in trouble. I didn't do muc better in the evening. I felt that it could go either way.

I think I have been feeling better over the months than I did back then.

I am just trying to stay positive.

Ed

It'll be a large single malt scotch for me either way :cig:

And, we'll know soon (relatively speaking of course - since a week or so is nothing compared to the seven weeks we've already waited).

By comparison, if I would have taken the medical boards on April 22, I would have had results three weeks ago :true: (medical board exam was on the same date in MI)

I made a spreadsheet to estimate the number correct. It used logic giving myself credit for about 90% of the ones I felt confident I got correct (leaving the 10% room for stupid mistakes) and then crediting 50% for those I made educated guesses on and 25% for those I made fill-in-the blank wilde guesses on.

I came up with a min and max correct not recalling the exact number in each category.

I think I came up with a total of 51 to 60 correct, averaging around 55 to 56.

That's obsessing!! :thumbsup: But it helped me keep what little sanity I had left!

Ed

Similar story, but I added a hard luck factor. I made the spreadsheet the week after the exam - my wife rolled her eyes at me big time. But, at the time, I thought I would have had to miss all my guesses (educated and wild-a$$) to fail.

Today, I'm not so sure :dunno:

Either way, I'll be extremely grateful if I don't have to sit for the exam again :bow:

Back