The Triathlon Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL no ****. About half my friends at the last place I lived became tri fanatics, and I had to stop socializing with them because that was ALL they could talk about.

not sure if it's official or not but a friend that did some of the smaller ones would refer to the easiest ones as "tin man" tris and the next level up was an "aluminum man" until you got to the real "iron man" tri.

I can't fathom anyone doing an iron man.  that's just insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if it's official or not but a friend that did some of the smaller ones would refer to the easiest ones as "tin man" tris and the next level up was an "aluminum man" until you got to the real "iron man" tri.

I can't fathom anyone doing an iron man.  that's just insane.
i had a coworker that did iron man. I would turn around to ask him a question and he would pop up from the floor because he took a break to do some pushups. 

My office did a push up challenge a year or two ago. We were trying to get up to 100 uninterrupted. I eventually got there! Couldn't do it again though.

blerch_bumper_on_white.png

The tri where the run is a 5K is kind of a joke IMO, I mean anyone who can swim should be able to do one of those without any training..

The sprint tris aren't about endurance. They are about speed. 

I'll probably do a few more sprints and then I want to go for an Olympic distance. Not sure I'll ever go for the full ironman...in fact pretty sure that's a no go.

We drove up to Lyons yesterday (which is a little town north of Boulder) and the Boulder Ironman was going on. We enjoyed drinking beer and watching the racers - Although I had to laugh at the number of folks wearing the "space helmet / time trail helmet" I mean I can see if you are in the top 10 but if you in the back of the heat is there any need to where the silly helmet?

Also if you ever find yourself in Lyons, Co make sure to go to the original Oskar Blues Brewery, +1000....

Back