Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics for TFS Contest

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slay the P.E.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Be among the first 5 to send us via private message here either a photo or a scanned PDF showing all your work to the correct solution to the problem below and we will send you a coupon code for 50% off our TFS practice problems books. The three books combine for 230+ problems in Thermodynamics & Energy Balances, Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics and Fluid Applications, and Psychrometrics and Mass Balances in 400+ pages of step-by-step solutions and detailed explanations.  Get free sample pages to preview the books HERE.

Please do not publicly post your solution here until we announce all valid entries have been received.

The water system on the top of the figure is modified by adding a pump, resulting in the system on the bottom. Adding the pump doubles the flow rate. In both cases, the pipe ID is 3.6 inches, the Darcy friction factor is 0.02, and the minor losses are negligible. Under these conditions, the power (hp) added by the pump is most nearly:

(A) 0.4

(B) 0.8

(C) 1.6

(D) 2.0
image.png

Looks like its the same as when posting to the boards. I just started the process of sending you a DM and had the option at the bottom left to drag a file or browse for a file to attach 

image.png

I got the answer, but not joining..I just wonder if someone participated other than Mike ? @Slay the P.E. How many did actually sent PM's now for this?

This is so kind of you @Slay the P.E. the discount though, its just, you did not offer this last April! haha!

Mike submitted an entry. His was correct, but he’s not participating as he’s already a PE.

We have received one valid entry other than Mike’s.

Well, we’re promoting the ebooks, which is a growing but newer product (we have 3 now for TFS). 

Is this still open?
Well, why not?

Let's do this again y'all. This time the first three to submit the right answer ( via private message here or via email to [email protected] ) will get the 50% off our ebook bundle which now includes a book on Heat Transfer and Heat Exchanger Analysis. The four books combine for 280+ problems in Thermodynamics & Energy Balances, Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics and Fluid Applications, Psychrometrics and Mass Balances, and Heat Transfer & Heat Exchanger Analysis in 550+ pages of step-by-step solutions and detailed explanations.  Get free sample pages to preview the books HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the prompt reply! Looking forward to purchasing your practice exam (solutions) once I feel adequately prepared to tackle it. 

Back