Engineer Boards
​ ​
rmsg

What is allowed in exam

2 minutes ago, Engineer7 said:

So are you allowed to take the suitcase of books with you in the testing area?

Yes. As long as you have passed the Prometric Polygraph before the exam date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Engineer7 said:

So are you allowed to take the suitcase of books with you in the testing area?

Yes. You can use whatever you want to bring material to the exam. People will have all kinds of items including crates, rolling luggages, backpacks, hand trucks ( mini and full size). If you feel like you have too much, chances are you'll see at least a few people with the same or more stuff than you. 

The one thing to take into account is travel distance from parking to test room (carrying a full milk crate a long distance gets heavy, and is even heavier at the end of the day). Also make sure you account for weather conditions. If it rains, you will need something to protect your material from getting wet while outside. Luckily, for my 1st attempt, I had 1 of my daughters blankets in my trunk to be able to cover my milk crate.

I used a small rolling suit case. It seamed about 75% of every one there did the same. 

I was going to bring a giant tub (clear Hefty bin) of my books into the exam room. But the area where's it's held is in a tight area (NYC) and I will not be driving to the exam, so I will have to commute. Taking public transit with that giant tub is a no-go. I was thinking of using my giant, gym duffel bag to take all of my books and just carry them in.

Would they have an issue with a giant black duffel bag?

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:21 AM, ME_VT_PE said:

Yes. As long as you have passed the Prometric Polygraph before the exam date.

what is  Prometric Polygraph ?

13 hours ago, rmsg said:

what is  Prometric Polygraph ?

When you go to have your palm prints and finger prints taken at the Prometric testing center they administer a lengthy Polygraph examination. You will need to provide all of this to become licensed...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, ME_VT_PE said:

When you go to have your palm prints and finger prints taken at the Prometric testing center they administer a lengthy Polygraph examination. You will need to provide all of this to become licensed...

Oh yes, I remember it now, had to go through that for FE exam also.:D

• Like 2