FINALLY a P.E.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surf and Snow

PE Power Engineer
Reaction score
Today, I am FINALLY a P.E.!!!!  :winko:

After 5 months of waiting, Oregon finally approved my application. My 2018 New Years goal was to become a PE. So I started studying 1/1/18 and like many of you, I worked my butt off every night and weekend for 4 months. I took the PE exam 4/13 and passed on the first attempt (one and done baby!), and then began one of the longest waits in my life. :mail-296: Going through the Oregon application process. 5 grueling loooooong months later, my licence was finally issued today!  :D

I'm sure since 99% of my April 2018 brethren already received their licences, most are now long gone, but just wanted to let you all know the last guy in line waiting, finally got it!

kmill23 said:
Congrats.  I just received my license yesterday as well.  Same story as you as far as testing goes, etc.  Except I screwed up and downloaded application forms in January, so that I could work on the application slowly and methodically and have everything ready to submit as soon as I found out if I passed.  

I submitted my application ASAP after learning I passed the April 2018 Exam.  Unfortunately the board had revised the application form in March!  Super minor edits, but they made me redo the application and my personal references.  So that pushed me way back.  I found out yesterday that my license was officially issued and I'm finally a P.E. as well.  The wait made it that much sweeter. . . . or not, but still!  😁
Congrats! Been a long wait. What state were you waiting on?

Congrats!

But ****! That wait is like when I started to study for the April exam until I get my license here in NY. Was like 5 months or so....

Back