Board Re-exam form approval timeline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwantthatPE

Reaction score
Any idea how long it takes the Board to approve the form? I am trying to figure out how late in the 4th quarter I can submit my re-exam form and have it approved for 1st quarter testing next year. 

Here is my DP:

Jul 12: Received fail email.

July 13: Dropped off $150 check.

July 19: Delivered (post office tracking).

Aug 01: Check cashed.

Aug 20: Approved for exam email.

Sept 12: Authorization to Test email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my DP:

Jul 12: Received fail email.

July 13: Dropped off $150 check.

July 19: Delivered (post office tracking).

Aug 01: Check cashed.

Aug 20: Approved for exam email.

Sept 12: Authorization to Test email.
For clarity, did you get approved in Q3, to the the exam in Q4? or approved in Q4 and taking exam in Q1 of next year?

For clarity, did you get approved in Q3, to the the exam in Q4? or approved in Q4 and taking exam in Q1 of next year?
I was approved to retake in Q4. Originally I took the exam in Q2 and failed. How I understand it works is, if you schedule a date to take the test in the last month of a Quarter and fail, you will be too late to get approval to retake in the immediate following quarter..so if possible try to schedule first or second month of the quarter

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think its a good sign to feel certain on half the seismic exam and make your best guess on the other half and be able to passs? I heard historically 55% is needed to pass and thats only 33/55 at most? @leggo PE  @staringatmonitor

Hmm @ThePEmaster, maybe? I don't know what the passing score is. I tend to be very cautious about being optimistic about exams, especially with my history with the PE exam. But you won't have long to wait now to get your results, right?

@leggo PE Super stressed honestly i put in so much time and just hard to guage how I did.... how many did you feel you got correct on the seismic exam when you passed?

@leggo PE Super stressed honestly i put in so much time and just hard to guage how I did.... how many did you feel you got correct on the seismic exam when you passed?
Gosh, I don't remember exact numbers. I work in structural engineering for my job and am fairly familiar with seismic design, and remember walking out of that exam thinking I passed and that I'd be very surprised if I failed. I ended up passing.

Not a PE said:
Hi @CAPLS,

I won't be taking the Seismic exam until the end of this month, which as you know is the end of the quarter. This essentially means that if I wait for my results, I won't be able to take it again until the 2nd quarter. I know the Re-Examination page says not to submit the Re-Examination form until I have received a "Fail" on the exam, but I know I'll end up getting pushed to the 2nd quarter if I do end up failing (I have put in the time, but I am still anxious). Is there any way I'd be able to be approved for the 1st quarter if I happen to fail the exam? Thanks!
No, not at this time. The re-exam form cannot be submitted until after a fail result is received. 

Back