• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EET, School of PE, Chelapati, and PPI for Civil WRE -- all original materials, no copies!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squarepegs

Reaction score
I'd like to sell the following as a set of materials for the civil WRE exam (I PAID FOR ALL OF THESE MATERIALS LEGALLY):

• EET WRE exam printed materials (notes, problems, sample exams)
  • School of PE civil WRE exam printed materials (notes, problems, sample exams)
  • Testmasters printed hydrology, hydraulics, and groundwater materials (notes, problems)
  • Chelapati manuals (softcover)
  • 101 solved environmental engineering problems (ppi, softcover)
  • 6-min WRE (ppi, softcover)
  • WRE depth practice exams (ppi, softcover)
  • Civil PE sample examination (ppi, softcover)
  • Several hundred breadth problems from ppi online cafe that I printed out
I've held on to these materials since taking the exam nearly 3 years ago.  There are thousands of problems.  You'll get printed binders, with my marks, highlights and tabs -- all in excellent condition.  I also screen-recorded the School of PE lectures, so I can throw them in as well, but in my honest opinion, the course was so weak, the notes are all that you need.  This set is worth an easy ~$2,000 new, and I know, it's not new; however, just as valuable, but with my markings as distractions.  That said, I'd like to get $600 (plus shipping costs) for the entire set, but I might accept a respectable counter-offer 

I'll even throw in some additional very hard, exam-realistic questions that I developed myself -- nearly 200 pages of excruciatingly-detailed PM WRE problems and solutions.  Here's an example (45 pages) of these questions:  https://issuu.com/joshuakogan/docs/sqrpgz_free_wre_problems__3_/1?ff&e=32207430/64261919

The first $600 payment in my paypal gets the set.  My paypal email is [email protected].  I'll mail it all within 2 business days.

I haven't made backups to any of these materials.  I can only sell once.  And since they're not being copied and shared any differently than the sale of a used textbook, this sale won't violate copyright laws.

Good luck on your exams -- you'll need it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, how is selling notes from a vendor like School of PE and "throwing in" screen recorded lectures not violating a copyright?  At the very least it violates the agreement that each student agrees to when signing up for the course. I understand that course materials are shared among students when studying, but selling the materials? 

It's like buying any other study materials (ONCE) using them, then selling them used (ONCE).  I'm done with the materials. 

And, if your hangup is only related to the digital videos -- we can disagree, but in good faith, I have no problem following a consensus lead on this, and withdrawing the offer for the videos as part of the package.  And, as noted, the videos don't add value over the notes.  They're read word by word.

No, my hangup is related to both selling the vendor notes and the screen grab.  Each student gets an agreement that they cannot profit from the resale of those notes.  I see that other students here have sold their class prep notes, so I'm probably in the minority here by thinking that it's wrong.    

Good points.  Screen grabs off the table, but notes still available.

Also, I'm selling the notes at a loss, not a profit.  Food for thought.

No, my hangup is related to both selling the vendor notes and the screen grab.  Each student gets an agreement that they cannot profit from the resale of those notes.    
Agreed. Any material that was purchased from a vendor such as School of PE is copyrighted material.

I agree that it is copyrighted, but that doesn't prohibit the sale of it (the original content, not copies) as a used item.  Books are also copyrighted, and regularly sold used.  Don't see why School of PE gets special treatment compared to PPI -- both printed materials, used, and up for sale.

I agree that it is copyrighted, but that doesn't prohibit the sale of it (the original content, not copies) as a used item.  Books are also copyrighted, and regularly sold used.  Don't see why School of PE gets special treatment compared to PPI -- both printed materials, used, and up for sale.
When you go to Barnes and Noble and purchase a book, you don't get an agreement saying that you can't resell the book.  Though there is an understanding that you should not make copies and sell the book yourself, there is a reasonable expectation that you, as the buyer, can resell the book and make a profit from it.

However, when you purchase a review course from a vendor, you receive an agreement explicitly stating that you cannot resell and profit from the copyrighted materials.  I understand that it happens, and that others on this board have done it, but it's not something I agree with.  It appears that you are also a vendor, so selling other vendors' copyrighted material is not a good look.

^ also agreed. I've had this discussion so many times on this board that I'll let txj take this one. :thumbs:

But the information she provided is accurate and something I also agree with from an ethical standpoint.

I don't remember signing any such agreement.  I paid them a ton of money, received their materials, wasn't well-prepared, so bought materials from EET.  I looked on their sight for such agreement -- can't find it, but may have missed it.  I understand your position, based-on such an agreement, but again I don't remember it.

Regarding being a vendor: I was making problems and selling them; however, as it turns out, I don't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  I'm in the process of making all free on a tumblr website -- should be done with it by end of week.  I'm still a vendor on here, because I don't mind donating to this site -- paying it backward and forward.

I'll call School of PE, and learn more about the document/agreement, and report back.  If I signed it, I'll bail on the sale.  If I didn't, then shouldn't be a problem.

I have a copy of the agreement from School of PE in my email.  It is not one we signed, but one we received upon registration in the course.  The agreement reads the following. I can forward you a copy if you wish.

"I will not copy or cause to be copied or reproduced in any way, form, or manner, electronic or otherwise, any of the materials obtained from the review course. I will keep materials obtained from the review course confidential, and will not sell, auction, loan, rent, give away, describe, summarize, or otherwise reveal the materials or their contents, to any other person or entity."

I cannot find my EET agreement either in my email or the website, but I remember receiving something similar from them.  It might have come with the depth binder.

IMO it's a reasonable request to make.  They are providing an expanded review outside of what you would receive in a normal textbook or exam prep book, and the notes are just a supplement to that review.  

My original point still stands whether or not you are making money from preparing your own exam prep material- that if you want credibility as a vendor, then selling other vendors' copyrighted material is not a good look.

Just got off the phone with SoPE.  You're right.  Although there is absolutely no copyright violation in my selling the materials, they did create a policy that they make you click-off on as you order the course.  I must not have read it thoroughly -- my fault.  This said, the set is no-longer available for sale. 

If you're interested in any of the soft cover materials, feel free to PM me with an offer.

Thanks for the education, @txjennah

Again, not looking for vendor cred.  Already most of the stuff I created is free.  The balance will free within days.  I thought it would be fun to create questions -- it's not.

Just got off the phone with SoPE.  You're right.  Although there is absolutely no copyright violation in my selling the materials, they did create a policy that they make you click-off on as you order the course.  I must not have read it thoroughly -- my fault.  This said, the set is no-longer available for sale. 

If you're interested in any of the soft cover materials, feel free to PM me with an offer.

Thanks for the education, @txjennah
Thanks for hearing us out, @squarepegs

Back