Engineer Boards
​ ​
George Washington Engineering Online Master's Programs
youngandmotivated

FAILED FE MANY TIMES!!! NEED HELP & ADVICE

Hi,

I graduated from college the Fall of 2016. I took my civil FE before graduating and failed it. I took the Civil FE 4 times after and still FAILED. I got convinced to take the Other discipline FE by some people and took Prepineer as a course to get me ready for it and I STILL FAILED. Everytime I walk in, I walk in confident and the last few times, I walk out confident because I answer all the questions. I do not know what I am doing wrong or how I am studying wrong. I am planning on taking the test in December because work is requiring me to take it ASAP. I am planning on taking the Other Discipline ..I just do NOT know how to study or where to start. Is there any recommendations? And does anybody recommend the school of PE Fe Other Discipline course? Please any advice would be appreciated.

On September 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM, youngandmotivated said:

Hi,

I graduated from college the Fall of 2016. I took my civil FE before graduating and failed it. I took the Civil FE 4 times after and still FAILED. I got convinced to take the Other discipline FE by some people and took Prepineer as a course to get me ready for it and I STILL FAILED. Everytime I walk in, I walk in confident and the last few times, I walk out confident because I answer all the questions. I do not know what I am doing wrong or how I am studying wrong. I am planning on taking the test in December because work is requiring me to take it ASAP. I am planning on taking the Other Discipline ..I just do NOT know how to study or where to start. Is there any recommendations? And does anybody recommend the school of PE Fe Other Discipline course? Please any advice would be appreciated.

Feel for ya.  Guy in my office is in the same boat. Now he has three kids.  Get it done before that.

I took it many years out and had to read each chapter of the fe PPI book, take notes, then condense important stuff on a cheat sheet, then do all the problems and any others I could get my hands on, then move on to the next chapter.   Took 5 months.  I'm mechanical, but I'd figure the effort is similar for civil. Good Luck. 

On 9/9/2018 at 7:41 PM, youngandmotivated said:

Hi,

When I took FE , back when it was not computer based, I took Test Masters and it really made a difference. I'm not a fan of their course online, but attending the course in the classroom really made it happen for me. What @P-E has commented is probably the best way and sure way to go about it. Good luck! And don't give up!