Retaking Exam after stint overseas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiteEng

Reaction score
Hello All, 

I am hoping to retake the NY PE Exam after a few years overseas. I am currently in Australia and looking to move back to the NYC area in 2019. I took the PE back in 2012 and did not pass. I hope to take the exam in October 2019. I have no idea how to go about it as its been a long time.  Do i need to re apply to the NYS again or if approved back in 2012 can i just pay the fee and sit for the exam?  Is there a limit on how many years one has after being approved for the exam?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

SiteEng 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All, 

I am hoping to retake the NY PE Exam after a few years overseas. I am currently in Australia and looking to move back to the NYC area in 2019. I took the PE back in 2012 and did not pass. I hope to take the exam in October 2019. I have no idea how to go about it as its been a long time.  Do i need to re apply to the NYS again or if approved back in 2012 can i just pay the fee and sit for the exam?  Is there a limit on how many years one has after being approved for the exam?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

SiteEng 
I would recommend contacting the NY state board and inquiring directly. 

Back