RIP Burt Reynolds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I didn't realize he was that old. 

Eastbound and down...
I guess I didn't realize he was still alive....

giphy.gif

We watched Smokey and the bandit last night - everyone laughed (HS Kids) the whole time- I don’t think I had sat and actually watched the whole thing in a very long time...

We watched Smokey and the bandit last night - everyone laughed (HS Kids) the whole time- I don’t think I had sat and actually watched the whole thing in a very long time...
Did you watch the movie version or the TV version where “sumbitch” becomes “scumbum”?  

Useless trivia:  Hot Wheels produced a white trans am that said “scum bum” on the rear spoiler.  LOL

watched the original version (its on Netflix)

it kind of made me want an old trans am to be honest & man that Sally Fields had a nice figure in 1977!

I had a ‘76 black and gold 50th anniversary special edition for a long time.  It had round headlights as opposed to the ‘77 rectangular head lights.  Useless trivia:  the movie used ‘76 models with ‘77 noses.  The movie was released in September ‘76 the same time the 77s first ent into production.

watched the original version (its on Netflix)

it kind of made me want an old trans am to be honest & man that Sally Fields had a nice figure in 1977!
Watched it on Netflix last night as well. I honestly cannot say if I had ever seen the whole move from start to finish before.  Definitely knew the plotline and several scenes, but there was a lot that I did not remember at all.

I also had not previously known (or understood) the bootlegging of Coors beer aspect of the movie. I just knew it was "beer"

I don't know if recreational CB use was big before that movie or if It was an after effect of the movie - but I need to put my CB back in the Tahoe for long road trips ;)

My wife made the comment during the movie that they are certainly going through a lot of effort for a truckload of Coors. Couldn't it have at least been a good beer, or maybe some hard liquor?

I was at a random liquor store in CT a month ago, buying some beer. I mentioned to the checkout guy how I couldn't get Yeungling out in CA, and the guy responded saying that a decade before, they couldn't get Coors.

Back