Jump to content
Engineer Boards
​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
PEforWin

References

Recommended Posts

Since the test is going to be a CBT next year and that its already 80 questions only this year (both April and October) can the previous test takers shed some light on references needed. Did any of you feel like you could have done it with just the NCEES reference manual? Also was the difficulty level similar to the NCEES practice problems? Thanks!

Edited by PEforWin
fixed a sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of rushed to take the exam in April 2018 because April 2018 & October 2018 would be the only Environmental PE Exams where the exam is 80 questions and on paper.  So, if I failed April at least I would have had a second shot with the same format.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:39 PM, PEforWin said:

Did any of you feel like you could have done it with just the NCEES reference manual?

I don't see how the environmental exam could be presented with the same question types in a CBT format where the examinee is only allowed to use the NCEES Reference Manual (in its current format).  There is no chance I would have passed taking the April 2018 exam using only the current NCEES Reference Manual (I did print it out and bring it with me, but never touched it).  I'm interested in seeing how either the exam changes or the reference manual changes. . . . but I'm glad I don't have to experience it firsthand.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @kmill23. I noticed you said that the questions we easier than the practice exams. I am banking on that. I know the material, but I get tripped up on the practice exam questions, as I think they are pretty difficult and very tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kmill23 said:

I wrote a summary after the April 2018 exam in the 'Consolidated Advice Thread.'  Check it out:

 

Thank you @kmill23. That post is helpful. One last question though, is the eerm you used 3rd edition or 2nd or doas 8t not matter. I only have the 2nd edition. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PEforWin said:

Thank you @kmill23. That post is helpful. One last question though, is the eerm you used 3rd edition or 2nd or doas 8t not matter. I only have the 2nd edition. Thank you

I used the 2nd Edition.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kncumber said:

Thank you @kmill23. I noticed you said that the questions we easier than the practice exams. I am banking on that. I know the material, but I get tripped up on the practice exam questions, as I think they are pretty difficult and very tricky.

That was certainly my experience.  I found that the practice problems were really good, but for example, they might have like five steps to get a solution, while the exam questions might have required three (but might have a twist/trick that the practice problems didn't!).  It's like a fun treasure hunt!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×