OSHA CFR 29 1910 and 1926 - 2016

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alma

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have the pdf versions of the above?

Thanks!

Alma

Last edited by a moderator:
The files are too large but OSHA is a government entity and you can go download them directly for free from the Government Publishing Office.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/CFR-2013-title29-vol5/CFR-2013-title29-vol5-part1910

The fact that the syllabus has "2016" on this standard makes me nervous. They keep updating this reference and I don't know which to take. 😞 

I am worried about how difficult the questions related to the codes. The books are too thick...how to locate the right content and any calculation required to solve these questions? Any tips to deal with them? Thank you so much.

@Thuy Tran, just be as familiar with your codes as possible. In the practice problems you do that relate to any given code, tab or take note of where in that given code the equations/tables/guidance/etc. is given, so you will have it marked for the future. See if in there are certain parts of certain codes that pop up a lot in practice problem questions.

Of course, it helps to just be plain familiar with your codes. When I took the PE exam, I don't think I tabbed my codes any more than I already had for what I'd needed on a daily basis for my job. I wouldn't necessarily suggest sitting down and reading the codes, unless you have a lot of patience and extra time on your hands. I'd look to figure out more what you use in your work, and what appears in practice problems. 

Also, indices can be your friend!

The table of contents and index are your friends Thuy :)

For OSHA remember it's only a few sections out of the handbook. Don't print the whole couple hundred pages. I took about 40-50 pages to the exam and the index.

Back