Taking Practice Tests into Actual Test (Civil PE)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieKate

Reaction score
Are there any problems taking practice exams into the actual exam? I'm not planning on using them, but if I don't bring them I will kick myself when I find a similar problem on the test. I have a NCEES practice exam book, a Civil PE Practice exam book, and a photocopied Lundquist exam in a three-ring binder.

Testing in Mississippi.

This question comes up often. The short answer is that they are allowed some long as they meet the "no loose pages" requirement. Books and 3 ring binders are okay. Your descriptions sounds okay. It's not prohibited in the NCEES examinees guide.

Now, that's not to say that a state board couldn't randomly decide to forbid them for an upcoming test. States have certainly instituted random state-unique rules changes with three weeks notice, *cough* Maryland *cough*, so be sure to thoroughly read and re-read your exam authorization letter to ensure that everything you are bringing into the exam is legal.

I brought practice exams, including the NCEES practice exam to my Power PE and had no issues. Never heard of it being a problem. :dunno:

Also make sure you don't use pencil when making any notes in the book. You are not allowedto write in any references during the exam, so they could consider it a violation if you have pencil notes in their.

Back