Greetings from TN

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tru2YM

Reaction score
I graduated with BS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering in 2010. I finally gained enough experience under a licensed PE to sit for the exam in April 2018. I failed my first attempt and would like to not repeat. I have joined this board to gain all the advise, feedback, tips and interaction you are willing to provide. My key issues are summed up in my experience. I have worked exclusively on Engineered Wood Products (EWP) my entire career. That said, the questions that expect one to have working knowledge of steel, concrete, geotech and traffic are more difficult for me than ones that require a load, shear, moment, deflection, etc. calculation. Please advise at your convenience or point me to helpful discussions already posted.

Hi and welcome! Check out the structural section under the civil exam topic. Tons of great info! When are you retaking? Have you considered taking a review course to help teach you concepts and processes in other materials? 

I am planning to retake in October 2018 and am signed up for the School of PE Onsite course.

I am planning to retake in October 2018 and am signed up for the School of PE Onsite course.
that's a good start! Browse the civil forums there are TONS of questions asked and advice shared. and if you have specific questions, definitely ask them in the related forum!

Back