PE California Application - Trancripts

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco93fr

Reaction score
Hi All,

First of all I apologize if the answer to my question has already been answered in another thread . I live in the beautiful state of CA and have successfully passed the Principles of Engineering Exam (the 8-hour one) in April 2018. I am currently preparing my application package to be sent to the board but I can't figure out one of the requirements. I have an undergrad degree from an abroad institution (non ABET accredited) and a Master of Science from an ABET-accredit program in the USA. I also meet the one year-working experience requirement. Do I need to submit both transcripts from undergrad and graduate studies, or the graduate transcripts will be sufficient ?

I am only asking because it would be very difficult for me to get the transcripts from my previous undergrad institution which I attended years ago and have had no contact with for a very long time. I called the CA board and left a voicemail but they never got back to me.

If anyone has input on the matter, it is greatly appreciated.

To summarize quickly: If someone has an accredited Msc,  is the person still required to submit both undergrad and graduate transcripts or only the graduate transcripts are enough.

Thanks

Hi, I went through the same situation a year ago. I have non-ABET undergrad and ABET grad degree in engineering. CA board requires both (undergrad and grad) transcripts as a part of the application process.  

Back