How does this make you feel? WeWork

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Approved by a committee"?  I'll just assume anyone that wants to work for a corporation that asinine is probably already a veggie muncher in the first place, but that is a slam dunk for the first person who gets their burgerdom rejected after saying it's a religious or medical requirement.  HR 101 right there. 

Yeah, I have much less of a problem with them providing vegetarian food when they cater a meal here or there, but when there's a reimbursable meal out and they are selecting what you can and cannot order I don't agree with that. 

I imagine it would go the same way as when we have to take alcohol off of a reimbursement- you'd just have the meat charged out separately or you'd have the consultant buy it for you. 

Back in the Atkin's days, I used to get a burger from a local chain called Frisch's a lot.  Their burgers are pretty big and they have cheese, shredded lettuce and tartar sauce (really popular here).  You could order them without the bun and be low carb.  Used to call them my meat salad.  Would that count?

This probably not allowed there either. 
images

Well, they likely won't get boyfriends keeping that look going. 
What's wrong with these ladies' look? Is it the armpit hair? If so, you're entitled to not like it personally, but an overall judgment about how women should and should not look is none of anyone's business but the woman's herself.

But seriously, I'm not trying to get in an argument here. Just trying to point out it's not cool to judge how other people look, and the feminist in me is saying, yo, it's not cool to judge women like that (even though it's been accepted by society in this country for basically forever).

It's these minor flippant comments that really keep that whole mindset going.

Maybe I have a stick in my butt, but I'm really trying to be more conscious of where sexism is appearing in my daily life, even on a very small level.

Not looking to incite an argument, either, but we all express some sort of "ism" in something internally and/or externally (no, I'm not a sexist).  I'm not perfect and I have opinions.  That's how I chose my wife, my friends, my town, etc...   I don't preach to people to change the way they look or who they are based on my opinions.  I may not agree with how some people live out their lives, but that is their choice.

What's wrong with these ladies' look? Is it the armpit hair? If so, you're entitled to not like it personally, but an overall judgment about how women should and should not look is none of anyone's business but the woman's herself.

But seriously, I'm not trying to get in an argument here. Just trying to point out it's not cool to judge how other people look, and the feminist in me is saying, yo, it's not cool to judge women like that (even though it's been accepted by society in this country for basically forever).

Maybe I have a stick in my butt, but I'm really trying to be more conscious of where sexism is appearing in my daily life, even on a very small level.
I agree 100%.

And yeah, I don't have an issue if they want to serve vegetarian meals to their employees.  But not reimbursing meals for employees who travel and eat meat...that's ridiculous.  

I am not vegan or vegetarian, but sometimes I'll opt for a vegan/vegetarian meal.  I'm trying to be more conscious about how much meat I consume and when.  But that's my choice.  I wouldn't want my employer to make that decision for me.

You don't live your life trying to appeal to what men want you to look like? /sarcasm

I completely agree. When men start having to keep up appearances in the same manner, then we'll talk. 

@csb, haha!

And yeah, to get back to the origin of this thread (but where's the fun in that?), I think that's a really weird, alienating, and probably inappropriate rule to put in place.

Back