It's been a while...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValonaBrau

Reaction score
I got my degree in ME from California Maritime back in 2004 and took the FE exam that fall. I worked for a company doing automation and emission research on large reciprocating engines. None of that industry had any need for PE licensing so I forgot about it. for a while  A few years ago I got a job at the local wastewater plant as an instrument technician (better pay, less responsibility), but they require a PE for any engineering positions, even in the controls department so I decided to bite the bullet and finally get mine. I originally wanted to take the CSE, but after trying and giving up in despair on the practice exam I found the thermal fluid systems much easier. I'm signed up for the October exam, so I might hit this board up for some tips. I've got 14 years experience with engines, wastewater, PLC's, software development, database work, instrumentation and much more, so I'd be glad to help anywhere I can.

-Mike Takacs

Back