• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Power PE Exam reference books: NCEES, Spin up, PPI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surf and Snow

PE Power Engineer
Reaction score
Selling some Power PE exam references. I used these to prep for, take, and PASS the April 2018 NCEES Power PE Exam, and thus I no longer need them.

All three books are in mint condition, with no marks or highlighting at all. Like new, pristine condition.

1.) PPI Power Quick Reference for the Electrical and Computer PE Exam by John A. Camara - $70 shipped

Bought brand new in January. Took PE exam (and passed) in April. No longer need. Like new condition. No markings. Newest Dec 2016 2nd printing. 

Much faster to find equations and formulas FAST in this thin book than thumbing through the huge 2000+ page full power reference manual. Time is precious when you only have 6 minutes per             problem! If you are on the fence, buy it. I was glad I did. SOLD

2.) Spin-Up for the Electrical and Computer Engineering PE Exam (Power) : Second Ed., Lanza  $60 shipped (USA Cont. 48 states)

Excellent condition, no markings. 5 full practice exams, 400 questions. 

3.) Power Sample Questions and Solutions by NCEES PE Practice Exam (Paperback) 2014 printing - $40 shipped

Mint Condition, no markings. 2014 printing. The best prep for the Power PE exam, is straight from the source! SOLD

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
PPI Quick Reference book is SOLD.

Still have the Spin-Up and NCEES Power PE Practice Exam.

Will discount by $20 to sell both as a package for $100 shipped together.

NCEES practice exam is SOLD.

Still have Sin-Up available:

Spin-Up for the Electrical and Computer Engineering PE Exam (Power) : Second Ed., Lanza - $80 shipped

Lowered price, still available:

Spin-Up for the Electrical and Computer Engineering PE Exam (Power) : Second Ed., Lanza - $80 shipped $75 shipped

Spinup is good but it doesnt represent the difficulty level of the exam. Its great for solidifying the fundamentals of Power calculations though. 

It is easier than the real exam was, yes. But it was very valuable in building the fundamentals and increasing speed on core material like delta-wye conversions, transformers, voltage drop etc. Like running some 5K's to get your muscles back in shape before running a full marathon. It was one of several tools I used to pass the Power PE Exam on my first try. ;)   And I hope it helps the next owner too. :)  

Or, folks can buy the one that I'm trying to sell in this for sale thread that I created, specifically, to sell MY item(s). ;)

Price drop

Spin-Up for the Electrical and Computer Engineering PE Exam (Power) : Second Ed., Lanza $70 shipped

***Price drop***

Spin-Up for the Electrical and Computer Engineering PE Exam (Power) : Second Ed., Lanza NOW ONLY $60 shipped (USA 48 cont. states)

Back