Survey practice problems recommendations

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwantthatPE

Reaction score
I took EETs on demand course and failed survey exam. I am going to use course again and work on speed but I’m looking for other practice material too. Any recommendations to help me pass, thanks.

I would like to know this too. I am a transportation guy, ironically I passed Seismic and failed Surveying! Hehe.. I felt like Surveying test had a lot more time-consuming questions compared to Seismic which had a more balanced distribution. At least it felt that way for me. Another challenge with Surveying compared to Seismic is I could not find a single highly recommended reference like Seismic has (eg. EET) on Amazon. All survey books on Amazon for the test have really mixed reviews. I encountered several questions that neither of my survey book covered (I have PPI and Mansour's book). PS- I wonder with the new updated test plan implemented in 2018, the existing survey books became even a bit less dependable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat as both of you. I'm using Reza's workbook this go-around. It seems to be the most well developed from what I've seen and I've gotten a lot of recommendations to use it from co-workers. Also, the study plan is updated in his workbook.

I felt that there were lots of time consuming problems too. Good to know that seismic was more balanced. Thank you Engineeringforfun I’ll look into Reza’s book. 

Back