Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Scofield

Weird category breakdowns for Surveying?

Didn't pass Surveying this time (last one to take), but my breakdown looks a little weird.  As you can see in the second screenshot, it says that topographic surveying and construction surveying accounted for a total of 70% of the exam.  Compare this to the previous diagnostic in the first screenshot that had a more accurate breakdown.  Did anyone else have an odd breakdown like this or just me?

SurveryingDiagnostic1.PNG

SurveryingDiagnostic2.PNG

Edited by Scofield

47 minutes ago, drewdawg199 said:

Test plan was updated in Jan 2018. Your first attempt was probably prior to that date right?

shoot...i didn't realize it had changed.  what a weird breakdown...I wonder how much of my studying was off in that case...

Here it is for everyone:  http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/plan_civsurvey.pdf

Edited by Scofield

The new test plan more closely mirrors the limited surveying authority that civil engineers have in California per PE Act, Section 6731.1

Can anyone who already knows tell me the major changes in the test plans and how i should adjust my studies?

Edited by Scofield

13 minutes ago, drewdawg199 said:

I followed EETs old test plan version and still passed, if that helps

I followed EETs old test plan too but failed. Trying to figure out how to better prepare for next time