CA Surveying Exam Prep Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billf

Reaction score
Re-examining in a couple weeks.  Looking at purchasing a prep course after failing first time.  (fyi - Mansour book, I used for 1st try, is really poorly written/edited).  I've looked at the various prep courses available (mentioned on this site), and, civilpesurveyingreview.com, looks most interesting because of the CBT exams if nothing else.  I'm not starting from scratch,  just building on or refining my comprehension and improving speed.  However, I've emailed their contact info email a few times in last month with no response.  Curious if anyone has purchased this course recently, say within last couple months. 

Also, tangentially related, I passed the Seismic Exam on 1st try after taking Hiner course, seismicreview.com.  Really thorough, well organized course.  Wondering if any of the survey exam prep courses come close to the quality of Hiner's. 

I bought the CPERS course, it is not the best as lectures or book, the book is very brief, you cannot count on it, the 4 cbt are really good though.

Still waiting for my result. May be next week or so 

Re-examining in a couple weeks.  Looking at purchasing a prep course after failing first time.  (fyi - Mansour book, I used for 1st try, is really poorly written/edited).  I've looked at the various prep courses available (mentioned on this site), and, civilpesurveyingreview.com, looks most interesting because of the CBT exams if nothing else.  I'm not starting from scratch,  just building on or refining my comprehension and improving speed.  However, I've emailed their contact info email a few times in last month with no response.  Curious if anyone has purchased this course recently, say within last couple months. 

Also, tangentially related, I passed the Seismic Exam on 1st try after taking Hiner course, seismicreview.com.  Really thorough, well organized course.  Wondering if any of the survey exam prep courses come close to the quality of Hiner's. 
I did CPESR the first time and failed. As Rihame mentioned, the CBTs are good, but the book and lectures are poor. For the re-test i purchased the workbook from Reza and am just doing that. He has a course too that I've heard is good. https://www.surveyingreview.com/

The workbook is really comprehensive and I think if I had it the first time I likely would have passed.

Back