Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Lucas H

Anxiously waiting for the PTOE result

10 minutes ago, Lucas H said:

omg this is great news! congrats! I am still waiting now. very very nervous

Pulling for ya Lucas!! Think positive for sure!!

43 minutes ago, murn said:

Hopefully you passed and we call all be in a happy mood! Think positive!

1 hour ago, PaceBoiledColt said:

ok, so I actually did get my result! It got delivered to my office, not to my house!! The secretary brought it back to me just now. It came in the mail today, and I PASSED!!

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lucas H said:

I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG

NICE!!!! Great job!! Good job to all 3 of us!! Good luck to you both moving forward in your careers as well!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:15 PM, murn said:

Hopefully you passed and we call all be in a happy mood! Think positive!

On 8/2/2018 at 1:47 PM, PaceBoiledColt said:

ok, so I actually did get my result! It got delivered to my office, not to my house!! The secretary brought it back to me just now. It came in the mail today, and I PASSED!!

have you guys got the certificate yet? 

I know this is an old thread but I'm taking the PTOE exam in a week or two and could use some tips. Got any?

Side Note: How ya been Dave? District 3 is a mess since you've left.

Edited by PWest

Hi @Lucas H@Pacedboilingcolt@murn@PWest

I have been trying to move to the CA for a while now and a manager there asked me how soon I can pass the PTOE because they have position open there that requires it. How many hours did you guys put into it? Also, what materials did you use. If it is closed book does that mean memorizing a lot of stuff? I'd appreciate any tips.   

On 11/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, staringatmonitor said:

Hi @Lucas H@Pacedboilingcolt@murn@PWest

I have been trying to move to the CA for a while now and a manager there asked me how soon I can pass the PTOE because they have position open there that requires it. How many hours did you guys put into it? Also, what materials did you use. If it is closed book does that mean memorizing a lot of stuff? I'd appreciate any tips.   

lol, if you read the entire thread, you will know how little effort I put into this exam. my study material is just a book which is 2001 version from my manager. I did not take any course and got any up to date study materials at all. i only study a month, one hour each day.  My test result,,,,i think i just barely passed, i only got 65% correct. I am a bad example, so plz study hard and get ready for the unexpected questions from exam..many questions are from direct experience!

• Thanks 1