Is it me or ASCE seminar pricing crazy?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
A 2 day seminar in DC  $1695  for early bird non member enrollment. How do you get that back seriously at least part of it? Are they that good? I have bought some expensive webinars from ASCE before and been dissapointed, anyone a constant user of their seminars that can comment on the trainings? Im interested in Design of  Concrete Pavements. 

I am consistently disappointed in their webinars for being too basic and introductory. I would hope the seminar is that expensive because they save the content for the in-person classes. 

I was on a live webinar and the instructor was asked if he could provide an example of a slab design (which was the topic). He said he “didn’t have time to cover an actual design, the class could only teach concepts and basic info in 90 minutes. But if you sign up for my other class we will review the design there.” He was referring to the expensive seminar.

I am consistently disappointed in their webinars for being too basic and introductory. I would hope the seminar is that expensive because they save the content for the in-person classes. 

I was on a live webinar and the instructor was asked if he could provide an example of a slab design (which was the topic). He said he “didn’t have time to cover an actual design, the class could only teach concepts and basic info in 90 minutes. But if you sign up for my other class we will review the design there.” He was referring to the expensive seminar.
Yeah, this is why im never interested in their membership. A coleague of mine always has M. ASCE in his signature and i always thought, well WHO CARES?!! AISC is my favorite and only organization i really like and invest in.  

Yeah, this is why im never interested in their membership. A coleague of mine always has M. ASCE in his signature and i always thought, well WHO CARES?!! AISC is my favorite and only organization i really like and invest in.  
The only reason I signed up is because ASCE gives a discount on professional liability insurance through Lloyd’s of London (brokered by Pearl). The price when I started out went from $7000/annual to $3500/annual. That paid my member dues and now I get 5 free PDH’s each year.

Back