Jump to content
Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
Convolution

LEED GA Certification - Study Materials

Recommended Posts

Hello Fellow EB's,

So after recently passing my Electrical Power PE (California) exam in April 2018, and already having my certified energy manager certification (industry I work in looks up to this certification), I was thinking about moving forward with the LEED Green Associate certification.

I'd appreciate it if I could get suggestions on study materials/prep. courses for the Green Associate exam. I currently have with me:

  • LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Guide LEED v4 Edition
  • LEED Core Concepts Guide (3rd Edition)

Are there any recommended practice exams that I should purchase and look out for?

THANKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Convolution said:

Hello Fellow EB's,

So after recently passing my Electrical Power PE (California) exam in April 2018, and already having my certified energy manager certification (industry I work in looks up to this certification), I was thinking about moving forward with the LEED Green Associate certification.

I'd appreciate it if I could get suggestions on study materials/prep. courses for the Green Associate exam. I currently have with me:

  • LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Guide LEED v4 Edition
  • LEED Core Concepts Guide (3rd Edition)

Are there any recommended practice exams that I should purchase and look out for?

THANKS.

The LEED GA exam will be a whole lot easier than your PE and CEM exam.  I never received my LEED GA as I took two tests (GA, HOMES) back to back and passed both (I would have failed the HOMES exam if I missed one additional question, but a pass is a pass).

I used GBES for my practice tests, but there are lots of options out there.  The LEED Exams are definitely memorize and regurgitate type exams.  IMHO, taking as many practice exams as possible is the best way to prepare for these exams.

A lot of my coworkers passed the LEED exams by cramming and taking as many practice exams as possible for few days before the exam.  

Edited by ruggercsc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ruggercsc said:

The LEED GA exam will be a whole lot easier than your PE and CEM exam.  I never received my LEED GA as I took two tests (GA, HOMES) back to back and passed both (I would have failed the HOMES exam if I missed one additional question, but a pass is a pass).

I used GBES for my practice tests, but there are lots of options out there.  The LEED Exams are definitely memorize and regurgitate type exams.  IMHO, taking as many practice exams as possible is the best way to prepare for these exams.

A lot of my coworkers passed the LEED exams by cramming and taking as many practice exams as possible for few days before the exam.  

Thanks for the positive insight and information Rugger. I'll check out the GBES practice test. Good to hear that it'll be much easier!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LEED GA is way easier, would suggest any material with one to 2 weeks self-study, this plan will help in AP prep later.

I took GA and AP BD+C in two days, good to have 2 certificates. :party-smiley-048:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote the LEED GA Exam. 95% of the questions come straight from the Core Concepts. Don't waste your money on study guides.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John QPE said:

I wrote the LEED GA Exam. 95% of the questions come straight from the Core Concepts. Don't waste your money on study guides.

Know we know who to blame.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×