LEED GA Certification - Study Materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Convolution

Reaction score
Hello Fellow EB's,

So after recently passing my Electrical Power PE (California) exam in April 2018, and already having my certified energy manager certification (industry I work in looks up to this certification), I was thinking about moving forward with the LEED Green Associate certification.

I'd appreciate it if I could get suggestions on study materials/prep. courses for the Green Associate exam. I currently have with me:

• LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Guide LEED v4 Edition
  • LEED Core Concepts Guide (3rd Edition)
Are there any recommended practice exams that I should purchase and look out for?

THANKS.

Hello Fellow EB's,

So after recently passing my Electrical Power PE (California) exam in April 2018, and already having my certified energy manager certification (industry I work in looks up to this certification), I was thinking about moving forward with the LEED Green Associate certification.

I'd appreciate it if I could get suggestions on study materials/prep. courses for the Green Associate exam. I currently have with me:

• LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Guide LEED v4 Edition
  • LEED Core Concepts Guide (3rd Edition)
Are there any recommended practice exams that I should purchase and look out for?

THANKS.
The LEED GA exam will be a whole lot easier than your PE and CEM exam.  I never received my LEED GA as I took two tests (GA, HOMES) back to back and passed both (I would have failed the HOMES exam if I missed one additional question, but a pass is a pass).

I used GBES for my practice tests, but there are lots of options out there.  The LEED Exams are definitely memorize and regurgitate type exams.  IMHO, taking as many practice exams as possible is the best way to prepare for these exams.

A lot of my coworkers passed the LEED exams by cramming and taking as many practice exams as possible for few days before the exam.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The LEED GA exam will be a whole lot easier than your PE and CEM exam.  I never received my LEED GA as I took two tests (GA, HOMES) back to back and passed both (I would have failed the HOMES exam if I missed one additional question, but a pass is a pass).

I used GBES for my practice tests, but there are lots of options out there.  The LEED Exams are definitely memorize and regurgitate type exams.  IMHO, taking as many practice exams as possible is the best way to prepare for these exams.

A lot of my coworkers passed the LEED exams by cramming and taking as many practice exams as possible for few days before the exam.  
Thanks for the positive insight and information Rugger. I'll check out the GBES practice test. Good to hear that it'll be much easier!

LEED GA is way easier, would suggest any material with one to 2 weeks self-study, this plan will help in AP prep later.

I took GA and AP BD+C in two days, good to have 2 certificates.  :party-smiley-048:

I wrote the LEED GA Exam. 95% of the questions come straight from the Core Concepts. Don't waste your money on study guides.

Back