New Jersey License Numbers Out - Page 2 - APR 2018 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Disco_Kai

New Jersey License Numbers Out

Guest NJ Guest
19 hours ago, JBaller said:

I hope to receive my certificate before retirement.

Friend of mine who passed in October just got his certificate mailed last Friday. So 7 months......

Guest NJ Guest

New Jersey going at a furious pace here:

1 license released yesterday

2 on Wednesday

4 Tuesday

2 Monday

and 0 last Friday.....

Guest Guest

They are releasing some licenses today. Finally got mine

This statistic is irrelevant to NJ. In NJ, the release of license numbers depends on the recipient sending in the completed form and payment. Once you pass the exam, the board does an application completeness review and then mails out a license activation packet to complete and return with fee. This form and fee is sent to an office in Trenton that handles all type of licenses for the State of NJ.  NJ is not like other states where a license is automatically issued once the exam is passed. 

Guest Unmotivatedengineer Guest
16 hours ago, youngmotivatedengineer said:

This statistic is irrelevant to NJ. In NJ, the release of license numbers depends on the recipient sending in the completed form and payment. Once you pass the exam, the board does an application completeness review and then mails out a license activation packet to complete and return with fee. This form and fee is sent to an office in Trenton that handles all type of licenses for the State of NJ.  NJ is not like other states where a license is automatically issued once the exam is passed. 

I think everyone is pointing out the ineptitude of all of NJ government as a whole, not necessarily just the PE Board. 3 months from passing a scantron test to license issuance when the only thing that happens in between the two on the applicant's end is an $80 dollar check seems a bit antiquated.

Speaking from personal experience, my form/check was mailed in 21+ days ago, check cashed 14+ days ago and updated on the checklist, and meanwhile it is "still under review" and the license number is not issued yet. So the money is good enough to acknowledge and cash, but not good enough to approve.

Guest MM Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Unmotivatedengineer Guest said:

I think everyone is pointing out the ineptitude of all of NJ government as a whole, not necessarily just the PE Board. 3 months from passing a scantron test to license issuance when the only thing that happens in between the two on the applicant's end is an $80 dollar check seems a bit antiquated.

Speaking from personal experience, my form/check was mailed in 21+ days ago, check cashed 14+ days ago and updated on the checklist, and meanwhile it is "still under review" and the license number is not issued yet. So the money is good enough to acknowledge and cash, but not good enough to approve.

^^ They probably were just hoping for Gov't shutdown and were busy getting ready to do nothing (aka what they do everyday)

Guest NJ PE

I mailed in my check and activation form 6/11.  They cashed my check 6/22.  Still no license number and the board's phone line has been "busy" since yesterday morning... SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Consider yourselves lucky - compared to what we across the river in New York are going through.  It been more than 8-weeks since the scores have been released by NCEES and only about 25% of the licenses have been issued.  When I called them yesterday to inquire further, they claimed that they only got the upload from NCEES three weeks ago.  To quote a line Mary Steenburgen had in the original version of the movie 'Time after Time' (1979) - "A bigger crock of shit I never heard!"

By the way, in the movie 'Back to the Future III' (1990), she used similar words with Doc when he tried to say he was a time traveler - " I've heard some whoppers? in my time but that tops them all."  I guess the girl attracts time travelers than decided they have too much baggage, huh.

Edited by NY-Computer-Engineer

On 7/10/2018 at 10:50 AM, Guest NJ PE said:

I mailed in my check and activation form 6/11.  They cashed my check 6/22.  Still no license number and the board's phone line has been "busy" since yesterday morning... SO FRUSTRATING!!!

The board does not control the distribution of the actual license.  You should have gotten letter from board with your number so you can order seal. Physical licenses are issued from Trenton, not Newark.