New Jersey License Numbers Out

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco_Kai

Geotechnical
Reaction score
My number was assigned today.  

My approval letter came via email on May 29th. I mailed in the check next day. Activated today June 6th.

Haven't received one thing in the mail though haha

This makes no sense to me.  I haven't received anything by mail or email other than the email from NCEES on 5/30 saying that the results have been released.  Why would they email some and not others?  Especially since you got the email over a week ago now.  Also, you got the approval letter via email the day before the results were released?  How is that possible?

I am trying to order the stamp but instructions are confusing.

License numbers are listed as 24GE0XXXXX00 - Are those five digits the only numbers that need to show on the stamp?

I am trying to order the stamp but instructions are confusing.

License numbers are listed as 24GE0XXXXX00 - Are those five digits the only numbers that need to show on the stamp?
Leave off the 24 and the 00 include the GE0xxxx

This makes no sense to me.  I haven't received anything by mail or email other than the email from NCEES on 5/30 saying that the results have been released.  Why would they email some and not others?  Especially since you got the email over a week ago now.  Also, you got the approval letter via email the day before the results were released?  How is that possible?
It depends on your processor mine was Cora Ramirez (she was extremely helpful)...worst case maybe ask for Lynn Craddock she like the supervisor...but I did hear a few people were out on vacation this week

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have License numbers already, how soon after mailing in the license activation form with the check did you receive your number?

I haven't received my license yet. Weird how they are quick with some people and extremely slow for others

I still haven't received my license yet. Weird how they are quick for some people and extremely slow for others

giphy.gif

I mailed in my check last Monday and they still haven't deposited it or changed my fee checklist item to completed.  I called yesterday and they said if nothing changes by the end of the week call again.  I don't know what their process is but whatever it is, it sucks.  This goes for every NJ state office I've ever had to deal with, work wise or personally.  The amount of inefficiency in this state is unbelievable. 

I mailed in my check last Monday and they still haven't deposited it or changed my fee checklist item to completed.  I called yesterday and they said if nothing changes by the end of the week call again.  I don't know what their process is but whatever it is, it sucks.  This goes for every NJ state office I've ever had to deal with, work wise or personally.  The amount of inefficiency in this state is unbelievable. 
They have been awful to deal with. And very unpleasant. Dumpster fire is an understatement

I sent them my check last Monday, they cashed and marked it as complete on Thursday. Still not activated. 

Issuing the license is handled by NJ on the state level in Trenton and not Consumer Affairs in Newark. I think Trenton is usually 10-14 days to complete the license process once they receive payment. Keep in mind that the people issusing the license are the same that process all professional and business licenses for NJ. 

Anyone from NJ get license numbers the past few business days? I'm still waiting. They cashed my license activation check last week

Based on what license # theyre up to, they issued one 6/21, none on Friday 6/22, 2 on Monday 6/25 and 1 so far today. Before that they were processing around 10 a day. FYI my check was mailed 6/11, marked received on my checklist 6/22 cashed 6/25... yet to receive my number, lets hope it is before the NJ government shut down!

Back