CA survey practice exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwantthatPE

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for practice exams for the CA survey exam. Any recommendations? Thanks

I heard the Survey Practice Exams from Mansour were pretty close to the real test. Can anyone confirm this?

I passed the survey exam last October using mainly Cuomo's book and PPI's 120 Solved Surveying Problems. I didn't find Mansour's book to be very helpful. It goes in way too much depth and covers a lot of topics that aren't on the exam. The main thing you should focus on for the survey exam is doing the problems quickly and enough times where you basically don't have to look up any equations or info during the exam. Time is definitely the hardest obstacle since you only have like 2 hours to solve 55 questions.  

I passed the survey exam last October using mainly Cuomo's book and PPI's 120 Solved Surveying Problems. I didn't find Mansour's book to be very helpful. It goes in way too much depth and covers a lot of topics that aren't on the exam. The main thing you should focus on for the survey exam is doing the problems quickly and enough times where you basically don't have to look up any equations or info during the exam. Time is definitely the hardest obstacle since you only have like 2 hours to solve 55 questions.  

What the name of Cuomo's book, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back