• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PE Power exam material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnMdd

Reaction score
As I posted in This Thread  I passed the Power PE with a 91. I'm selling most of my study material. Make me an offer for some or all of this stuff and take it off my hands! I'll sell bulk or just one book at a time. Whatever you need.

NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace – A required reference. 1-3 problems draw directly from this book.

NESC – National Electrical Safety Code ANSI/IEEE C2 – A required reference. 1-3 problems draw directly from this book.

NCEES FE Supplied Reference Handbook – VERY useful. I have the 8th edition (2008 printing), I doubt there’s a significant change in content since then. If anything, it could be useful to have the current edition (free to print from NCEES) AND an older edition like this.

The Electrical Engineer’s Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam – Graffeo. Must I say more? The most highly recommended book on EB, and an absolutely vital resource. I can’t imagine prepping for or taking the PE without it. A must-have. Contains 1 full-length practice exam.

Power PE Exam Primer – Graffeo. Goes with the above book, contains 3 full-length practice exams. They are useful. I will say that they are in Graffeo’s style, which is a bit different from NCEES, and that there are enough typos and clerical errors that you can’t just score your answers by the key – but when you learn how to spot the errors, you learn how to solve the problem! Useful for study, not to bring into the exam.

EERM – Electrical Enginering Reference Manual – John Camara, PE. Highly recommended on EB. Useful for studying, has a lot of breadth, and works well in tandem with the practice problems below. I personally did not find it useful for the exam itself.

Electrical Engineering Practice Problems for the Power, Electrical and Electronics, and Computer PE Exams – John Camara, PE. – Used as a study focus aid. Did not bring to exam.

Electrical machines, drives, and power systems – Wildi. Immensely popular and highly recommended by EB users, I did not use it for study or bring to the exam. However it seems to be a great book. For me, it was redundant to some of my other references.

Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers – Beaty, Fink – 16th edition. A heck of a book! Saw it recommended here on EB and bought it. It has a lot of depth in some interesting areas, and breadth over most areas. I brought it to the exam.

Power System Analysis – Grainger, Stevenson. Highly recommended on EB. Useful for both studying and during the exam. Very information-dense. A must-have.

Electric Machinery Fundamentals – Chapman. I was very lucky to have used this book in college, so I was already familiar with its layout and contents. I can’t recommend it enough – GREAT book. It’s the reason I didn’t read Wildi. Multiple questions on the exam cover topics that this book addresses explicitly. On one problem in particular, I was stumped until I saw the exact answer in this book – nearly verbatim. A must have – and I’m not selling this one!

Personally Curated Selection of Notes and Whitepapers – I spent a good bit of time finding whitepapers and notes on the internet that seemed relevant. I printed them and used them for studying and brought into the exam. I recommend doing this! But don’t get carried away with irrelevant papers. My printed and bound notes  can be included with other books to sweeten a package deal.

I also have a few other printed-and-bound items (see the linked thread). I think the copyrights are expired and I can sell them without trouble, but just to be safe, I'm not listing them here. If you want them, PM me.

Hi,

I would like to see what price you would give for the following books below. Zip code is 02864.

NESC – National Electrical Safety Code ANSI/IEEE C2

Power System Analysis – Grainger, Stevenson

Back