North Carolina Initial Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk

Reaction score
Wondering how much time NC takes to process initial licensure applications. I've submitted the NCEES Record and the short online form this week. If anyone has gone through this process, please share your experience. Also, anyone who is currently applying please feel free to chime in.

I just submitted my initial licensure application to NC today (6/15). Just curious on if you had heard anything back from them yet since you are about 2 weeks ahead of me?

My references were fast, but the old employers took forever to reply....

Called them yesterday, they are currently reviewing applications submitted on the first week of May. I thought that was strange as I would assume the applications would be coming in after May 24. I think you have to be proactive and reach out to them instead of vice versa.

that is odd, I'm not sure how they could be reviewing them before we even heard back from the results....

I got the generic "your request will be processed within 10 business days of receipt" email. So I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until then.

Just called this morning, currently they are on May 21 and complete them by the day they are turned in, so yours should be coming up. 

So I filled out NC forms/exam first (5/29), so the receipt says 5-10 days from then but I didn't get everything cleared through NCEES until a couple weeks later (6/15). So does my 5-10 business days start from 6/15?

I'm not sure, as long as they have all of your materials when they get to your application you should be good to go. I waited and submitted mine the same day 6/15. Let us know, I'm interested to see how quickly they are moving if you get yours.

that is odd, I'm not sure how they could be reviewing them before we even heard back from the results....
They may be like New York and get a LOT of out-of-state applications that do not require re-taking the test.  I have been waiting 5-weeks now for my PE license number (after passing the April 13th test, then waiting that 6 weeks to get my passing result).  Being the 'anxious' person I am, I have been monitoring the Website NY uses to validate the license numbers, and it looks like they were mostly approving the OOS applications before even starting on those (like myself) that sat for and passed the April test :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Still nothing. And I'm sure with it being the week of the 4th there won't be a lot of progress made this week... 

And we have another week gone and I have yet to hear anything. That "You will be notified by the board in 7-10 business days" seems like so long ago...

Yep, same here. Has anyone called in recently to see how far they have gotten? 

Called this morning and they are still only up to May 21 applications. Sounds like no one who passed the April exam has been licensed yet since we got our results May 24.

True. Just working at a frantic pace over there. They said they are hoping to release more licenses this coming Friday but who knows.

Back