Has anyone tried EET or PPE Exam Cafe?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txjennah PE

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
Reaction score
Good morning! So as a background, I’m on test attempt #3.  I’ve previously taken SoPE, and while the prep was good, I want to try a different review course. 

Has anyone taken the EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course for exam prep?  I’ve heard really good things about it.  I’m historically very weak in water, and since water comprises 30% of the Environmental PE, it seems like a good idea for me to focus on this.  This approach appears to be similar to Testmaster’s (prepping for the water components).

For the other subject areas, I was thinking of doing the PPE Exam Café.  Has anyone tried that for Environmental? Is it worth it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated…I really want to pass this in October :)

So I recently passed the WRE PE this time around. I chose to take EET WRE Depth and I believe it was a huge factor to me passing! I think we talked after we both failed the Oct 2017 exam. But yeah, I would highly suggest EET WRE Depth. Great lectures for refreshing (or new learning) and the reference material given is worth its weight in gold! Nazrul will help you succeed.  

How was the EET review course for the breadth? Were you able to solve most of the AM question using the EET binders? I took SOPE review courses AM and WRE failed the 1st attempt back in October 2017. I want to make sure the EET is worth spending another $1K.

So I recently passed the WRE PE this time around. I chose to take EET WRE Depth and I believe it was a huge factor to me passing! I think we talked after we both failed the Oct 2017 exam. But yeah, I would highly suggest EET WRE Depth. Great lectures for refreshing (or new learning) and the reference material given is worth its weight in gold! Nazrul will help you succeed.  
Ok, great!  Yes, I do think we talked after the last round.  Congratulations on passing!  I wish EET did an Environmental review, but I figure if I'm weak in water, it can't hurt to focus on it. I've heard so many good things about Nazrul that I think I will take the plunge.

Ok, great!  Yes, I do think we talked after the last round.  Congratulations on passing!  I wish EET did an Environmental review, but I figure if I'm weak in water, it can't hurt to focus on it. I've heard so many good things about Nazrul that I think I will take the plunge.
Yes he is quite good. And you should get all you need for water and environmental in the depth course, especially since you are taking WRE. It will be enough, trust me. 

How was the EET review course for the breadth? Were you able to solve most of the AM question using the EET binders? I took SOPE review courses AM and WRE failed the 1st attempt back in October 2017. I want to make sure the EET is worth spending another $1K.
So I didn't take the breadth course, only the depth. I did use the binder though for the breadth. It has what you need for it. If I remember right, I barely used the CERM for the H&H section in the morning.

And compared to the other course costs, it's so worth it. I'll even use the binder at work when needed. 

So I didn't take the breadth course, only the depth. I did use the binder though for the breadth. It has what you need for it. If I remember right, I barely used the CERM for the H&H section in the morning.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it serious thought and consideration to take possibly both EET breadth and depth; if not jus the breadth. If the EET binder/note is all I need to help with the exam, I will likely sign up for the EET breadth. I've been working a lot of problems since the October 2017 exam.  I've already spent a lot on SOPE review course. I didn't feel the SOPE breadth notes/review course was helpful.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it serious thought and consideration to take possibly both EET breadth and depth; if not jus the breadth. If the EET binder/note is all I need to help with the exam, I will likely sign up for the EET breadth. I've been working a lot of problems since the October 2017 exam.  I've already spent a lot on SOPE review course. I didn't feel the SOPE breadth notes/review course was helpful.
You're welcome. And just to clarify, if you choose to do just one EET, I would suggest the depth. Unless the SOPE covers the depth stuff?

You're welcome. And just to clarify, if you choose to do just one EET, I would suggest the depth. Unless the SOPE covers the depth stuff?
 I re-took both the Breadth,  WRE and Transportation Depth portion from SOPE. I've been out of school since 97. I really want to do well and pass it the 2nd time around. I felt the SOPE didn't go as much detail or follow per NCEES errata.

I heard nothing but all the good thing about EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course. Never heard of PPE cafe.........😎

I heard nothing but all the good thing about EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course. Never heard of PPE cafe.........😎
Thanks!  Another user on here recommended PPI cafe (oops, just realized I put the wrong name in the topic header. LOL).  But this user wasn't an Environmental PE, so I was wondering if it was as good for my discipline.

I re-took both the Breadth,  WRE and Transportation Depth portion from SOPE. I've been out of school since 97. I really want to do well and pass it the 2nd time around. I felt the SOPE didn't go as much detail or follow per NCEES errata.
Got it. Yeah, I can't speak for SOPE but EET will benefit you! I would say the CERM is all you need for the breadth. That and the EET depth material. Of course, bring what you feel but that is mainly all I used. 

Got it. Yeah, I can't speak for SOPE but EET will benefit you! I would say the CERM is all you need for the breadth. That and the EET depth material. Of course, bring what you feel but that is mainly all I used. 
but will EET still benefit you if you're taking the enviro exam? not the civil wre

but will EET still benefit you if you're taking the enviro exam? not the civil wre
Hmmm, potentially but I would say only partially. EET will be weaker, if not have any info, on the areas in the enviro exam specs that don't line up with the WRE specs (i.e. air, site remediation, solid and haz. waste, etc.). EET only follows the specs of the depth you signed up for. And they don't offer any courses outside of the Civil discipline. 

Hmmm, potentially but I would say only partially. EET will be weaker, if not have any info, on the areas in the enviro exam specs that don't line up with the WRE specs (i.e. air, site remediation, solid and haz. waste, etc.). EET only follows the specs of the depth you signed up for. And they don't offer any courses outside of the Civil discipline. 

I went ahead and registered, knowing that it would only partially prepare me for the Environmental exam.  The water/wastewater portion does comprise 30% of the environmental exam, and I figured I was so weak in water resources that I really needed to focus on it.  This is also similar to Testmaster's approach for the Environmental PE prep (they prepare you for water/wastewater only).

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and registered, knowing that it would only partially prepare me for the Environmental exam.  The water/wastewater portion does comprise 30% of the environmental exam, and I figured I was so weak in water resources that I really needed to focus on it.  This is also similar to Testmaster's approach for the Environmental PE prep (they prepare you for water/wastewater only).
I hope you learn a lot and enough to get you prepared for those areas! Good luck!

let me know how it goes! i think i'm registering for PPI tonight.. 

Back