Jump to content
Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
txjennah

Has anyone tried EET or PPE Exam Cafe?

Recommended Posts

Good morning! So as a background, I’m on test attempt #3.  I’ve previously taken SoPE, and while the prep was good, I want to try a different review course. 

Has anyone taken the EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course for exam prep?  I’ve heard really good things about it.  I’m historically very weak in water, and since water comprises 30% of the Environmental PE, it seems like a good idea for me to focus on this.  This approach appears to be similar to Testmaster’s (prepping for the water components).

For the other subject areas, I was thinking of doing the PPE Exam Café.  Has anyone tried that for Environmental? Is it worth it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated…I really want to pass this in October :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I recently passed the WRE PE this time around. I chose to take EET WRE Depth and I believe it was a huge factor to me passing! I think we talked after we both failed the Oct 2017 exam. But yeah, I would highly suggest EET WRE Depth. Great lectures for refreshing (or new learning) and the reference material given is worth its weight in gold! Nazrul will help you succeed.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How was the EET review course for the breadth? Were you able to solve most of the AM question using the EET binders? I took SOPE review courses AM and WRE failed the 1st attempt back in October 2017. I want to make sure the EET is worth spending another $1K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CivilGuy00 said:

So I recently passed the WRE PE this time around. I chose to take EET WRE Depth and I believe it was a huge factor to me passing! I think we talked after we both failed the Oct 2017 exam. But yeah, I would highly suggest EET WRE Depth. Great lectures for refreshing (or new learning) and the reference material given is worth its weight in gold! Nazrul will help you succeed.  

Ok, great!  Yes, I do think we talked after the last round.  Congratulations on passing!  I wish EET did an Environmental review, but I figure if I'm weak in water, it can't hurt to focus on it. I've heard so many good things about Nazrul that I think I will take the plunge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, txjennah said:

Ok, great!  Yes, I do think we talked after the last round.  Congratulations on passing!  I wish EET did an Environmental review, but I figure if I'm weak in water, it can't hurt to focus on it. I've heard so many good things about Nazrul that I think I will take the plunge.

Yes he is quite good. And you should get all you need for water and environmental in the depth course, especially since you are taking WRE. It will be enough, trust me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KOKOMO777 said:

How was the EET review course for the breadth? Were you able to solve most of the AM question using the EET binders? I took SOPE review courses AM and WRE failed the 1st attempt back in October 2017. I want to make sure the EET is worth spending another $1K.

So I didn't take the breadth course, only the depth. I did use the binder though for the breadth. It has what you need for it. If I remember right, I barely used the CERM for the H&H section in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, txjennah said:

Ok, great!  Yes, I do think we talked after the last round.  Congratulations on passing!  I wish EET did an Environmental review, but I figure if I'm weak in water, it can't hurt to focus on it. I've heard so many good things about Nazrul that I think I will take the plunge.

And compared to the other course costs, it's so worth it. I'll even use the binder at work when needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CivilGuy00 said:

So I didn't take the breadth course, only the depth. I did use the binder though for the breadth. It has what you need for it. If I remember right, I barely used the CERM for the H&H section in the morning.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it serious thought and consideration to take possibly both EET breadth and depth; if not jus the breadth. If the EET binder/note is all I need to help with the exam, I will likely sign up for the EET breadth. I've been working a lot of problems since the October 2017 exam.  I've already spent a lot on SOPE review course. I didn't feel the SOPE breadth notes/review course was helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KOKOMO777 said:

Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it serious thought and consideration to take possibly both EET breadth and depth; if not jus the breadth. If the EET binder/note is all I need to help with the exam, I will likely sign up for the EET breadth. I've been working a lot of problems since the October 2017 exam.  I've already spent a lot on SOPE review course. I didn't feel the SOPE breadth notes/review course was helpful.

You're welcome. And just to clarify, if you choose to do just one EET, I would suggest the depth. Unless the SOPE covers the depth stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CivilGuy00 said:

You're welcome. And just to clarify, if you choose to do just one EET, I would suggest the depth. Unless the SOPE covers the depth stuff?

 I re-took both the Breadth,  WRE and Transportation Depth portion from SOPE. I've been out of school since 97. I really want to do well and pass it the 2nd time around. I felt the SOPE didn't go as much detail or follow per NCEES errata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard nothing but all the good thing about EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course. Never heard of PPE cafe.........😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AyanHein said:

I heard nothing but all the good thing about EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course. Never heard of PPE cafe.........😎

Thanks!  Another user on here recommended PPI cafe (oops, just realized I put the wrong name in the topic header. LOL).  But this user wasn't an Environmental PE, so I was wondering if it was as good for my discipline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, KOKOMO777 said:

 I re-took both the Breadth,  WRE and Transportation Depth portion from SOPE. I've been out of school since 97. I really want to do well and pass it the 2nd time around. I felt the SOPE didn't go as much detail or follow per NCEES errata.

Got it. Yeah, I can't speak for SOPE but EET will benefit you! I would say the CERM is all you need for the breadth. That and the EET depth material. Of course, bring what you feel but that is mainly all I used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CivilGuy00 said:

Got it. Yeah, I can't speak for SOPE but EET will benefit you! I would say the CERM is all you need for the breadth. That and the EET depth material. Of course, bring what you feel but that is mainly all I used. 

but will EET still benefit you if you're taking the enviro exam? not the civil wre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vee043324 said:

but will EET still benefit you if you're taking the enviro exam? not the civil wre

Hmmm, potentially but I would say only partially. EET will be weaker, if not have any info, on the areas in the enviro exam specs that don't line up with the WRE specs (i.e. air, site remediation, solid and haz. waste, etc.). EET only follows the specs of the depth you signed up for. And they don't offer any courses outside of the Civil discipline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CivilGuy00 said:

Hmmm, potentially but I would say only partially. EET will be weaker, if not have any info, on the areas in the enviro exam specs that don't line up with the WRE specs (i.e. air, site remediation, solid and haz. waste, etc.). EET only follows the specs of the depth you signed up for. And they don't offer any courses outside of the Civil discipline. 

 

21 hours ago, vee043324 said:

but will EET still benefit you if you're taking the enviro exam? not the civil wre

I went ahead and registered, knowing that it would only partially prepare me for the Environmental exam.  The water/wastewater portion does comprise 30% of the environmental exam, and I figured I was so weak in water resources that I really needed to focus on it.  This is also similar to Testmaster's approach for the Environmental PE prep (they prepare you for water/wastewater only).

Edited by txjennah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, txjennah said:

 

I went ahead and registered, knowing that it would only partially prepare me for the Environmental exam.  The water/wastewater portion does comprise 30% of the environmental exam, and I figured I was so weak in water resources that I really needed to focus on it.  This is also similar to Testmaster's approach for the Environmental PE prep (they prepare you for water/wastewater only).

I hope you learn a lot and enough to get you prepared for those areas! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, txjennah said:

 

I went ahead and registered, knowing that it would only partially prepare me for the Environmental exam.  The water/wastewater portion does comprise 30% of the environmental exam, and I figured I was so weak in water resources that I really needed to focus on it.  This is also similar to Testmaster's approach for the Environmental PE prep (they prepare you for water/wastewater only).

let me know how it goes! i think i'm registering for PPI tonight.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 3:43 PM, vee043324 said:

let me know how it goes! i think i'm registering for PPI tonight.. 

Hold on for a second~~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 1:42 PM, Mr. Zane said:

Hold on for a second~~~

Can you elaborate or send a PM?  I'm considering registering for the Exam Cafe so am curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, Mr. Zane said:

Hold on for a second~~~

i'm just seeing this?? why, what's up?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vee043324 said:

i'm just seeing this?? why, what's up?!

Messaged you already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 7:52 AM, txjennah said:

Good morning! So as a background, I’m on test attempt #3.  I’ve previously taken SoPE, and while the prep was good, I want to try a different review course. 

Has anyone taken the EET Water Resources/Environmental depth course for exam prep?  I’ve heard really good things about it.  I’m historically very weak in water, and since water comprises 30% of the Environmental PE, it seems like a good idea for me to focus on this.  This approach appears to be similar to Testmaster’s (prepping for the water components).

For the other subject areas, I was thinking of doing the PPE Exam Café.  Has anyone tried that for Environmental? Is it worth it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated…I really want to pass this in October :)

Hi. You said you took the SoPE prep course, presumably for the Enviro Exam.  Even though you say it was good, evidently it wasn't good enough.  I have started the SoPE Enviro prep course and just wondering what about the course is good or bad, or what you think it's lacking as far as prepping you for the actual exam.  Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hockey Eng said:

Hi. You said you took the SoPE prep course, presumably for the Enviro Exam.  Even though you say it was good, evidently it wasn't good enough.  I have started the SoPE Enviro prep course and just wondering what about the course is good or bad, or what you think it's lacking as far as prepping you for the actual exam.  Any input is appreciated, thanks!

It's a good refresher (I have been out of school for 10+ years now), but you can't just relay on SoPE as your only way of studying. That was my biggest problem.  And they are pretty up front with you on that.  My first exam attempt, I was focusing on things going on in my personal life and didn't start studying until 5 weeks before. I prepped using only SoPE. I got a 63 (needed a 70 to pass), so I think SoPE helped me at least get into that range.  The second time around, I ran through more problems on my own, but it wasn't enough.  If you do SoPE, make sure you do as many practice problems as you can on your own.  I will say that there are some sections that are more thorough than others.  If you do all the review modules + and do a lot of practice problems outside of the course, then you should be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, txjennah said:

It's a good refresher (I have been out of school for 10+ years now), but you can't just relay on SoPE as your only way of studying. That was my biggest problem.  And they are pretty up front with you on that.  My first exam attempt, I was focusing on things going on in my personal life and didn't start studying until 5 weeks before. I prepped using only SoPE. I got a 63 (needed a 70 to pass), so I think SoPE helped me at least get into that range.  The second time around, I ran through more problems on my own, but it wasn't enough.  If you do SoPE, make sure you do as many practice problems as you can on your own.  I will say that there are some sections that are more thorough than others.  If you do all the review modules + and do a lot of practice problems outside of the course, then you should be fine. 

Ok, thanks for the response.  That's basically my plan.  I've been reviewing about a month now for the October exam. My plan is to go through the review course and then once I'm done spend the next month or two just pounding out practice problems every waking moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×